Notices

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Same here. It says "restart microB to activate". Restart button does not work. manually killing browser and browserd does not help.

I think I'm ready to reflash and start again if Nokia ever release the updates.

After installing adblock plus and restarted the browser nothing changed. After switching off the phone and back on adblock started working fine.

I did not have to define any filters as they are defaulted to easylist already??

p.s. somehow adblock plus now says it is installed.
But I have no filters, the "add filter..." button does nothing. And the web is full of flashing blinking adverts. I'd forgotten how awful it was. Almost as bad as commercial TV channels without a tivo/pvr. :-)

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Unfortunately XUL Popup menus does not work in MicroB, and we cannot get "Filters->Add Filter Subscription" menu Item.

I hope someone can fix this problem in future, or write Mobile version of AdBlockPlus extension (with big buttons, and tabs).

Right now we can subscribe to some filters in this way: Press "CTRL+N" shortcut or open "New window" via Application Menu.

Type in URLBar next url: "chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/tip_subscriptions.xul"

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Type in URLBar next url: "chrome://adblockplus/content/ui/tip_subscriptions.xul"
Where is that from? Have you actually tried it on n900?
I got a file-not-found error. had a look at the jar file and found no "ui" directory, so it should be

chrome://adblockplus/content/tip_subscriptions.xul

so I can select easylist, but same problem, the 'subscribe' button does not seem to do anything. Do we need another manual URL now?

Whats the story here? Was adblockplus broken by a microB update?

Originally Posted by myk View Post
Where is that from? Have you actually tried it on n900?
I got a file-not-found error. had a look at the jar file and found no "ui" directory, so it should be

chrome://adblockplus/content/tip_subscriptions.xul

so I can select easylist, but same problem, the 'subscribe' button does not seem to do anything. Do we need another manual URL now?

Whats the story here? Was adblockplus broken by a microB update?
Yes it works with 1.1.1.

http://browser.garage.maemo.org/news/12/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Thanks Bundyo.
I must have still had a version conflict - obviously had the wrong JAR file.
After deleting all and following those instructions properly, it now works.

The Following User Says Thank You to myk For This Useful Post:
I finally got it to work. Make sure before you try and follow the instructions that adblock isn't in your microb addons or the uninstall menu on the N900's app manager. Thanks for the link to the instructions.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
can you explain in plain words to a linux noob like mine how you managed to update the adblock 1.0.2 to 1.1.1?

Thanks

Remove 1.0.2, install 1.1.1

Tags
adblock plus, add-on, browser add-on, browsing, enhancement, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, plug-in