Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Hi everyone. I'm back.
What we have to do now is to check if every submission followed the rules.
For example the N900 enhancement script will not be part of the voting process.
For this I need your help.

N900: I like the solution with two N900s for the games category.

Sorry, I'm very short on time, first day at work. And to make it all worse I miss my girl. :/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Hi everyone. I'm back.
Jay! Welcome back. I hope you have enjoyed your vacation.

What about the Flashlight Applet?

N900: I like the solution with two N900s for the games category.
Thanks, I'm fine with this solution.

Instead of N900s, is it possible to get N950s or N9s, or perhaps discount codes for an N9? I suspect most people who participated already have an N900. Moreover, this is a MeeGo competition and MeeGo is not officially supported on the N900.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by neal View Post
Instead of N900s, is it possible to get N950s or N9s, or perhaps discount codes for an N9? I suspect most people who participated already have an N900. Moreover, this is a MeeGo competition and MeeGo is not officially supported on the N900.
Nope.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by neal View Post
The n900s are supplied by Qt as a prize (read back in this thread for more info), and were donated long before the n9 was announced. As such we can hardly go back to them and say, " Thanks but we don't want these, we want them instead" .
Anyway, a brand-new is probably more functional for a hardcore developer, how long before they actually do start rising in price?

Last edited by mrsellout; 2011-08-08 at 09:08.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
The n900s are supplied by Qt as a prize (read back in this thread for more info), and were donated long before the n9 was announced. As such we can hardly go back to them and say, " Thanks but we don't want these, we want them instead" .
Anyway, a brand-new is probably more functional for a hardcore developer, how long before they actually do start rising in price?
One can always ask...

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
You should have added your DreamRemote project to the competition. I can't test it because of the missing Hardware - but it seems to work great and compared to other Projects are 5 hours of work and progress indeed a lot!

Here is a already discussed example:
Flashlight Applet - (great application, thanks to the creator, I love it) - but the last update was 25.01.2011! - long before the competition began and only a update for the french translation file - I would evaluate this as a minor change to this application.
Thanks a lot for your kind words. Yes, you're right, in this case I could have added DreamRemote without doubts. But as already here discussed the changes are with "only" a additional remote perhaps not big enought (5 to 6 hours).
It is indeed a great Application but the audience is limited to users with specific and expensive tv receiver or complex linux media center at home. It would have been anyway only a application to make the Multimedia or Network section a little bit bigger. A additional app, but no rival compared to cutetube. (never ever, great project marxian)

So I avoided discussions like what happens now with the Flashlight Applet and simply have not submitted DreamRemote.
I participated with it anyway at the previous competition. It was my first linux and python project and the reason to learn C++ and Qt. You can see the outcome in my signature.

The Flashlight app is in my opinion anyway a obvious case. A simple breach of one of our rather clearest rules. The development has stopped January and our deadline is now over, too. So the developer missed his chance to update the application.

We have other, more woeful disregarding of our rules:
I saw that several developers at our wiki list have missed the deadline to submit their Applications to the official page.

But I guess for this we had also a clear rule. Have they simply not read the wiki or have they lost interest?

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Hi everyone. I'm back.
/
Do you mean my script? N900 Performance Optimizing etc. Why is that? I didn't break any rules. If you download the app it's even an updated version in the time frame. So why all this trouble?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Do you mean my script? N900 Performance Optimizing etc. Why is that? I didn't break any rules. If you download the app it's even an updated version in the time frame. So why all this trouble?
Yes, it's about your 5$ "Performance" Efficient Enhance Optimization Tune-Up application.

It was already discussed in this thread. And after checking the thread you have created I'm able to reproduce this decision without problems. Too many respected developers are upset and have reasonable doubts: 185 199 160 198 211 197
Those posts were not hard to find. And I stoped reading at some point. So I'm sure you know more posts like this yourself.

Even the moderadors have moved your thread into the Off Topic section. And they had their reasons for this decision.

And moreover: The voters are unable to test "your" software without paying 5$ or installing your nagscreen... mmmh, i would say virus. I'm not sure. What is it called if you install a application that slows down your device and you have to pay 5$ to get it working as before?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 358 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2010
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Yes, it's about your 5$ "Performance" Efficient Enhance Optimization Tune-Up application.

It was already discussed in this thread. And after checking the thread you have created I'm able to reproduce this decision without problems. Too many respected developers are upset and have reasonable doubts: 185 199 160 198 211 197
Those posts were not hard to find. And I stoped reading at some point. So I'm sure you know more posts like this yourself.

Even the moderadors have moved your thread into the Off Topic section. And they had their reasons for this decision.

And moreover: The voters are unable to test "your" software without paying 5$ or installing your nagscreen... mmmh, i would say virus. I'm not sure. What is it called if you install a application that slows down your device and you have to pay 5$ to get it working as before?
Thank you for your fast reply but I was attacked at the beginning when I develop the app. You just picked some of your friends opinion and make your decision. I don't care. IMO I have answered all the technical question about my app and I answered some other's too and with some of the poster it was fun and this ones you didn't mentioned. I shared my knowledge also about my experience with Ovi-Store. So what is your problem? That I didn't open the source? That it has a nagscreen? Look at your friend Jedi, he cracked my nagscreen and posted a tutorial!!!!!!! Your friend and the so called moderator didn't do anything. There was also some member accusing me posting sh1t, for example Danramos. I can show you the thread if you want and I got infractions because I did some announcement. Also, when you talk about Software, look at your friend Karam and his thread. This is real sh1t.

Last edited by epitaph; 2011-08-08 at 22:37.

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia