Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
I will be traveling abroad this summer and will be spending a good deal of time in Norway. Does anyone have a preferred user service for data/phone calls? A pay-as-you-go sim setup is fine with me. I have done my research from this end, but none of it seems very good... and is very generic. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, --Thor

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Bump... seriously, nobody on this board has any knowledge of this? -T

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Most of the sim cards require that you register it to your address before you can use them properly.

A good place to start is http://www.telepriser.no/ (Which just happenes to be down at the moment) , from there you can choose mobile telephony and select your usage pattern. (I'll have a look when its up again)

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
For low useage, from Telepriser the cheapest option is ludo, as they give you 185kr per month to use as you please, this corresponds to just under 50mb a month for free, after that it is 4kr/mb. My next recommendation for would be onecall, who charge 1kr/mb but have datapackages for data, 500mb for 169kr.
Although both of these require that you have an address to receive the sim card. Otherwise i think you are only left with the ones that you can buy in the shops, generally telenor, netcom and lebara. Hope this helps.