Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@ForeverYoung:

Try to:
cd /etc
grep -ir ramzswap *

Nothing.........

my phone rebooted thrice in just an hour. when i was using internet. i dont know whats causing the reboot. and when checked via healthcheck. the boot reason is: 32wd_to. i dont kno what does that mean.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
my phone rebooted thrice in just an hour. when i was using internet. i dont know whats causing the reboot. and when checked via healthcheck. the boot reason is: 32wd_to. i dont kno what does that mean.
watchdog!
is it overclocked? IMO it's just unstable.

yes it is. too 900. i ran it for like a month in these overclock settings

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
yes it is. too 900. i ran it for like a month in these overclock settings
underclock it to 600 and check how it works, if it will be working well, try to find better profile.

i hav installed batterypatch now. what do u suggest? should i use it or i shud not? ur views abt bp?

For Christ's sake, You were told already, zillion of times, to not use crapterry patches. You even argued about it with much more knowledgeable ones than You. Now, asking the same question again? GTFO from kp thread,, into <whatever>patch one, please?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
i hav installed batterypatch now. what do u suggest? should i use it or i shud not? ur views abt bp?
is there a modder here ?

please change this person's name to
trisha02 version 1-2

please post at it's dedicated thread
for you question : *SO YOU DON'T BUG OTHER THREADS*
check this
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3000
however later versions are even better
the dev finally gave up 125mhz in underclock and used 500mhz in overclock profile.
i can say it's now very good application

NOW PLEASE DON'T ASK THIS QUESTION AGAIN AS YOU HAVE JUST DONE

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to memorian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I use jacekowski's modified fmtx and it's working fine with kp50.

/Estel
Seems it was kp49. I was waiting for cleven to support kp50. Now with kp50 the hacked fmtxd works fine again. The problem I had (fmtxd not being able to change power level) is also mentioned in first post of kp49 thread. No more trouble with 50.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
I apologize for the length of this post, I just had to post my appreciation of this amazing piece of work.

I upgraded 9 days ago from KP49 after reading through many dozens of posts to make sure I wouldn't run into any problems.
I'm not using the FM transmitter boost program, nor am I (currently) using any of the boot menus available or any battery patches or other such tweaks, so I went for it - and I couldn't be happier with my N900!
The upgrade could not have been easier, and the difference in smoothness is staggering!
Seriously, a kernel change should not make this much of a difference!
Of course, I'm running CSSU Testing (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo3.1), so I'm sure that plays a huge part too... likely the difference I'm seeing is due to the combination of the two.
That said, the difference wasn't truly noticeable until KP50.

I've noticed a reduction in battery usage, though I haven't measured anything so I can't provide hard numbers.
Another thing I noticed is the swap usage is considerably less over time than I previously had.
I've always noticed that when my N900 was lagging badly (like when trying to answer it when ringing), I was well over 200MB into swap. It seems 210MB is the magic point where it is downright painful (and embarrassing) to use.
I do tend to abuse it by leaving too many browser windows open at the same time, on pages I want to go back to and read later. Due to the way many pages are written, I usually end up with creeping memory usage until the phone is almost unusable.
However, after this upgrade, I noticed it seems much less aggressive at swapping out apps. When I expected it to be nearing 200MB, swap was only at 157MB. I noticed today a slight bit of lag when unlocking the phone (I do use the numeric lock), and I just looked (with 11 windows of various apps, including the browser) and I'm using 218MB of swap. I'm quite surprised as at this point it used to be painful switching between apps... it's not!

So, in short - if I had more time I'd be digging through your patches as I'm curious what kind of changes you made to make this dramatic an improvement.
I've been considering the N9 for a while ('cept it still costs too @(#& much for a device with no warranty in the US), but now I think I can hold off longer (the other problems can't be fixed by software changes, the screen is too small for my aging eyes and the poorly-designed proximity sensor is too sensitive for the heavy IR in S. Florida).

I haven't overclocked since KP47, I may just try it again with this kernel.

Thank you very much for making my N900 feel better than brand new!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to glabifrons For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali