Notices

Greetings all,

I recently ran into a snag with my trusty n900, when the SD card switched to 'read-only' mode. I suppose the card is beginning to fail. At any rate, this happened in the midst of filming a video, and I got an error stating that the file system was full. When I checked it, the ROOT file system was full, rather than the SD card.

In an effort to free up space on the root file system, I followed instruction found in several forum threads that related to that matter. I was successful in freeing up some space, but after uninstalling several apps, deleting unneeded files, and manually 'optifying' assorted files / folders, I now have an issue with the SMS application.

I can still receive SMS messages, see the notification pop-up, and see the message text in the Conversations Desktop Inbox Widget. However, when I open the SMS application, to reply or send a new message, there is no text displayed in the 'conversation' window. The message history is 'invisible', also the message that I type disappears when I hit the send button, but the message does get delivered.

If anyone has seen this type of symptom before, I would certainly love to hear what solution you discovered. I'm trying to avoid the pain of a re-flash if possible.

Thanks,
Ross

The Following User Says Thank You to rmccormi For This Useful Post:
I can still receive SMS messages, see the notification pop-up, and see the message text in the Conversations Desktop Inbox Widget. However, when I open the SMS application, to reply or send a new message, there is no text displayed in the 'conversation' window. The message history is 'invisible', also the message that I type disappears when I hit the send button, but the message does get delivered.
i have same problam any solution?

The Following User Says Thank You to sunyakram For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, my solution was to completely re-flash the device.

However, the up side of that event is that my tablet runs much more reliably now, as I have installed NO software from the development repository.

If you decide to reflash, be sure to make backups to the removable microSD card, or otherwise store the backup outside the device's ,main storage, as I had to flash not just the root fs, but the remainder of the internal memory as well.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Wouldn't a tracker reset help too? Of course that way you lose your data if you haven't backed it up first...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I don't know it will help you or not but still try
root
apt-get install --reinstall rtcom-messaging-ui* nokiamessagings*

Last edited by Sourav.dubey; 2012-11-28 at 14:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sourav.dubey View Post
I don't know it will help you or not but still try root apt-get install --reinstall rtcom-messaging-ui* nokiamessagings*
thankyou for guide but problam is still here,i try every mathod which i google but i am still away from my sweatheart's messages now any one know any realy working magic code?

Have you tried starting over with an empty events database?
Possibly something along the lines of the following coud help:
Code:
$ mv .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db.backup
(that's all on one line)

You'll most likely have to kill the conversations app afterwards (or reboot).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
I am sorry to say that I went through all the suggestions that have been posted here before I resorted to flashing the device. None of them worked for me. I hope you have better luck.

On the flip side, flashing the device was actually rather painless. Use the system backup tool to store your settings, messages, contacts and such. Then copy any files or documents from the /home/user folder to the removable memory card or via USB to your computer.

There is a very helpful wiki entry on flashing the device (http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware). Read the instructions carefully and follow them to the letter. I had my device restored in about 30 minutes. Much less time than I spent searching for some magic to fix the problem. You may have to re-install some applications, but it is worth the the effort.

Originally Posted by rmccormi View Post
I am sorry to say that I went through all the suggestions that have been posted here before I resorted to flashing the device. None of them worked for me. I hope you have better luck.

On the flip side, flashing the device was actually rather painless. Use the system backup tool to store your settings, messages, contacts and such. Then copy any files or documents from the /home/user folder to the removable memory card or via USB to your computer.

There is a very helpful wiki entry on flashing the device (http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware). Read the instructions carefully and follow them to the letter. I had my device restored in about 30 minutes. Much less time than I spent searching for some magic to fix the problem. You may have to re-install some applications, but it is worth the the effort.
my problam is solved after flashing but now i am happy to see it again working :d