Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Are you really trying to use your TOHKBD2 for gaming?

This unique piece of hardware? Probably the last batch of physical keyboards for Jolla? Being Jolla probably the last phone with "The Other Half" concept and the last phone offering an optional landscape physical keyboard?

I would rather play ping-pong over a Van Gogh picture. My Jolla and my TOHKBD2 must last 5-10 years. The last chance of human kind before falling into idiocracy, overmuscled thumbs and virtual keyboards.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mced For This Useful Post:
@Elektrobier - This might be related to Jolla not yet passing on gamepads and other input devices to android apps.

See here:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...ooth-gamepads/

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
@kimmoli - can you add a feature to keep the backlight permanently on when phone is charging? (and also perhaps extend the max timeout to around 15 seconds?)

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mced View Post
Are you really trying to use your TOHKBD2 for gaming?

This unique piece of hardware? Probably the last batch of physical keyboards for Jolla? Being Jolla probably the last phone with "The Other Half" concept and the last phone offering an optional landscape physical keyboard?

I would rather play ping-pong over a Van Gogh picture. My Jolla and my TOHKBD2 must last 5-10 years. The last chance of human kind before falling into idiocracy, overmuscled thumbs and virtual keyboards.

I just see it as a continuation of the glorious N900 Game Gripper tradition. At least until the inevitable release of the TOHGamepad.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
@kimmoli - can you add a feature to keep the backlight permanently on when phone is charging? (and also perhaps extend the max timeout to around 15 seconds?)
Backlight max time is already 30 seconds in master. Not sure when the update will be pushed to 'normal' users, but you can switch to mer-obs version if you can't wait...

https://github.com/kimmoli/tohkbd2#i...h-mer-obs-repo

[also, would *totally* buy a TOHKBD gamepad ]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London

I won't be so sure on all the "last"s. It's all ended for now but who knows what comes in the future.

People getting a gadget is to use it, not to protect it. If playing game with a physical pad is his use, I don't see there is anything wrong with that.

I guess being able to use as gamepad may require mapping and makes Alien Dalvik recognise it? I don't know if anyone has done it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I won't be so sure on all the "last"s. It's all ended for now but who knows what comes in the future.
Especially with all the TOHKBD users showing other people its awesomness. This can make a lot of people to also want one.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Gaming is not my primary use for the tohkbd
Thats textsecure and the console for me. But playing a round snes or something would be a nice addon
the tohkbd is recognized by the emulator and i can map the keys in 1.1.7.25 and even the dpad is recognized by alien dalvik. And the functions work when you press them. For example jump on the key l works. But you can't hold a key, when you press right for walking it behaves like right is pressed again and again. I think it's a problem with key repress rate. even on lowest setting this behaviour remains. so my question @kimmo is can you do something about that with the tohkbd software? do the keys have a 'is pressed continously' status ?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elektrobier For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
RF field sensitivity issue confirmed: 4G and keyboard on left-side of phone causes trouble ...
Use Wifi/3G or keyboard on right-side of phone as workaround.
I do not think this could get solved anyhow, or?
So would you consider to offer another setting for "force landscape when kbd connected" like choosing left/right side?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
From conversation on IRC, I believe the current situation is:
  • TOHKBD relies on underlying Sailfish rotation settings
  • Current Sailfish rotation settings don't allow 'inverted' landscape
  • We all hope that changes as of Sailfish 2.x, in time for the tablet

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd