Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Just a heads up to say I had to temporarily make the Requests wiki page protected due to excessive spam from multiple IP's over the last month.
You can still edit this page if you have a login.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Hi Copernicus,
Do you think you could make keyset for Yundai wall fan?
It only have 3 button:
1. off
2. on/speed (speed: low, medium, high)
3. swing (swing on/off)
Attached Images

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
Do you think you could make keyset for Yundai wall fan?
Hmm, not finding much on Yundai. My usual sources don't mention that manufacturer, and in fact, I'm not getting anything at all from a general Google search (although it does keep trying to switch the search to Hyundai on me ).

However, the hifi-remotes website does have about a dozen config files for various types of fans. Let me try and add them in; with luck, maybe one of them will work with the Yundai...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I don't know where my father got that fan, because when I google it I also suggested to search Hyundai
Could you add it to Pierogi before Sunday afternoon?
I don't mean to be disrespectfull, but I only stay in my father's house until Sunday and I want to test your new config immidiately.

Could you add it to Pierogi before Sunday afternoon?
I'll give it a shot. No promises though, as I've got bits and pieces of Pierogi lying all over the place right now; I've been messing around with trying to piece together something of a keyset selection wizard... I'll see if I can get it back into a usable state.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Pierogi 1.1.35 is now making its way up to Extras-Devel. This is something of an interim build; I am in the process of adding some new features and removing some old ones, but that process isn't quite finished yet. So, this build is going to look a little rough around the edges...

In particular, the new flickable tab bar means that every panel that can be used with a given keyset can be placed into the same tab bar. So, there's really no need to force the user to keep switching between groups of panels in order to access every key. And so, the whole concept of choosing groups of panels is obsolete.

Instead, each keyset now identifies which panels are to be used with it, and therefore, the panels are now chosen automatically. (Well, what that really means is that the panels were chosen by me, so if I've got some of them wrong, please tell me.) And so, the panel group selector button has been removed from the main screen. I've gone ahead and removed the favorites button as well, and instead added a new "favorites" entry into the menu. (I'm in the process of working on a "keyset administration" window, that should make managing favorites a bit easier...)

Also, the tab bar can now be displayed at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. (This is controllable from the preferences window.)

And, I've gone ahead and added in the new (scaleable-friendly) Pierogi icon. Please tell me what you think about it.

Lots of changes again this time, so beware new bugs!

For sLumPia: I've added a handful of new fan keysets -- Airtech, Lasko, Russell Hobbs, and Sylvania. As it turns out, a lot of manufacturers seem to be using the same protocol; hopefully, I've set it up correctly. I found one that is using the ubiquitous NEC protocol as well, so you might just try the "automated keyset search" and see if an existing keyset for something else can switch on the Yundai...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Copernicus,
I am very sorry, but something come up, so I have to left early.
I only notice your update after I got back home, so I can not test the new fan keyset on my father's fan.
I will test it when I go to my father's home (not likely in the near future).

I only notice your update after I got back home, so I can not test the new fan keyset on my father's fan.
Ah well, no problem. (I kinda thought there wouldn't be enough time to get the fan keysets working completely -- I'm not 100% certain I implemented the new fan protocol correctly, as the data I've got on it is a little sketchy.)

In any case, this was a good excuse to get a new build of Pierogi out with a few new features.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Is there an IR sensor on dx.com that I can use for learning IR codes? Have some small spare money and I am the only one with paypal of my friends so I am appointed to order their stuff from there. Then I suddenly thought, maybe I can get an IR sensor too...
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Curious behavior:

1. make Magnavox STB keyset 1 one of the favorites
2. select it
3. exit Pierogi and start it again, Magnavox is selected
4. press right volume button to go to the next favorite - it stays on Magnavox
5. press the same button again, it goes to the next favorite

If instead another favorite is the starting keyset, right volume button makes Pierogi switch to the next favorite.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control