Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by gixx View Post
Disabling and re-enabling the "Nokia System Software Updates" and Manual apt-get force installing worked for me.
When you install with apt-get you shouldn't disable any repository. apt-get should resolve all dependencies and update libraries when needed (which application manager fails to do)

I reinstall PR1.2 and opengles1 new version is installed (PR1.2 10.2010.19-1).
why new version of opengles1 not worked with Tuxrace!?
Newest version of opengles1 works with Tuxrace. If you made a fresh PR 1.2 reinstall, Application Manager should also be able to install Tuxrace.

If installation failed, Nokia repositories have old packages. You should be able to inspect situation with "apt-cache policy packagename" command. Relevant packages are libgles1, libgles1-sgx-img and opengles-sgx-img-common. Their version should be 0.20091104.34+0m5.

How i can install Tuxrace with opengles-sgx-img-common new version.
If Application Manager is failing you have two options. One is to use apt-get and other is to remove all opengles1 games try to install them again with Application Manager. But if repositories are showing wrong content for you, then you have to use apt-get --force or similar.

Last edited by mikkov; 2010-08-27 at 08:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bangkok
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
If Application Manager is failing you have two options. One is to use apt-get and other is to remove all opengles1 games try to install them again with Application Manager. But if repositories are showing wrong content for you, then you have to use apt-get --force or similar.
I clean up my head .. and try to do from you recommended. it's worked now, sorry i'm a little bit in English language.

Thank in Advance

Hi,

I'm not into maemo much, but i'ld like too see your code, mikkov, and the code of the gl -> gles wrapper you're using

In advance, thanks

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I'd try disabling the "Nokia System Software Updates" repository, exiting App Manager, then going back in and re-enabling it. That will force an update of all the repository metadata.

If that doesn't fix it, the only other thing I can suggest is installing the dependencies manually. Make sure you have rootsh installed, then launch X Terminal and run:
Code:
root
apt-get install libxmu6 libgles1
An old thread but I wanted to say thanks to Rob1n, it helped me with installing Easy Debian.. I don't post much on here cos I can't help anyone but I do read alot

TuxRace is actually a new game.

I think it should publish to X86 Linux.