Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
this is a lifesaver! i've over 40k messages from two years of use. will try it out soon as i get my N9. thanks!

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Is this project still alive?

After a fast search through the forums, it seems to be the only viable way to do the importing.
I don't think it's alive. It worked for me and for a few other persons so no farther development is planned from my side.

I just need to incorporate the changes done by mutze but nothing else is in my TODO.

The code is GPL'd so someone else can improve it ;-)

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Is this project still alive?

After a fast search through the forums, it seems to be the only viable way to do the importing.
It should be...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
I know this thread is old but I need help with this. I successfully transferred my messages from one N900 to another n900 by moving the .rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db file over. Easy as pie.

After this second n900's USB/Charger connection decided to come unattached, I bought an N9. I only lack transferring the SMS over. I have read the 'read me' file in the first post but cannot understand what I am doing wrong or what I am missing.

I made a backup from the n900. I extracted the el-v1.db file and transferred it to the n9. I installed the deb file posted with the read me file.

I opened the terminal program and typed step six in the instructions. ./usr/bin/n900-comhist-import el-v1.db

It then says ./usr/bin/n900-comhist-import: not found

I found another site with instructions to:
1- Download the *.deb file and install it (by clicking on it)
2- Copy the database (located at /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db) from the N900 to the N9
3- Open the terminal and run the following command:

n900-comhist-import /path/to/el-v1.db

When I do that, I get this message: libqtcontacts-tracker: engine.cpp:1591: Not cleaning up obsolete resources for nao:hasTag property since the property's range is too generic (rdfs:Resource). Unable to open database file

Could someone please help a guy out? Thank you

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
You can use the first deb and do:

n900-comhist-import /path/to/el-v1.db

Please paste any errors.

You might need to remove all your N9 messages otherwise you get duplicates. Create a full backup first!

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico City
Thanks for your response. It was of course 'user error' and not the program. Thanks so much for this. I saved over 5,000 messages.