Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Five cents from me:

You never want to do --flash-only=emmc command, that is just wrong, and if your following some flashing instruction that says to do that, then the instructions are just plain wrong too.

The right command to erase lockcode and flash to factory state can be done with just one command (you never need to run 2 seperate commands).

sudo flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --erase-user-data=secure -R

And second point
DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin is not a variant file, that is the vanilla file.

If you want better quesses about you problem, you need to copy paste the full flashing log including the flashing command.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I borrow a sentence from rainisto's answer to point out the version and the variant numbers:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
And second point
DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin is not a variant file, that is the vanilla file.
40.2012.21-3 is the firmware version. In particular this is the so-called PR1.3 release.
001 is the number of the variant. As rainisto wrote, this one (001) is the basic variant, or vanilla file, or the 'Rest-of-World' variant.
If the device previously had any different variant than 001, e.g. 009 for Central Europe, or e.g. some of the 3xx used for operator-specific variants, it is not possible to flash the device using a variant 001, because it would be considered a 'downgrade'.

i have the same problem here mine is nokia N9 059j217 and it gives me the same error and my mobile is dead...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
i have the same problem here mine is nokia N9 059j217 and it gives me the same error and my mobile is dead...
find a higher variant number (just NOT Chineese version)

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
BTW, to all those who are flashing. RENAME YOUR FILES TO MAIN.BIN AND EMMC.BIN. Save yourself time! If you need to find your product code exactly, go to settings and there should be a QR code under about device. Scan it with another phone or something, and post it here. Someone will probably be able to direct you to the correct site (Don't ask me. I have no clue where to get firmwares, another user sent them to me.)

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Kazakhstan
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Five cents from me:

You never want to do --flash-only=emmc command, that is just wrong, and if your following some flashing instruction that says to do that, then the instructions are just plain wrong too.

The right command to erase lockcode and flash to factory state can be done with just one command (you never need to run 2 seperate commands).

sudo flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --erase-user-data=secure -R
Mate, in this topic [HOWTO] Comprehensive Firmware Flashing Guide for N9 they say to do this:
Code:
flasher -f -F main.bin
flasher -f -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --flash-only=mmc
flasher -R
Is those two command lines (yours and the one in code block) are doing the same thing ?

By mistake I flashed my N9 with PR1.3 480 which is for Switzerland , is there any chance to reflash it with PR1.3 006 for MEA ?My phone product code is 059M5V1 64Gb.Thanks before and i willing to pay for the services.As nokia care doesn't care anymore for meego

You can't flash the firmware (main.bin), because 006 is less than 480. You should be able to flash the user-data EMMC with whichever region you want.

You'd still be stuck with, for example, all the 460-flavour system languages if you did this.

The Following User Says Thank You to kazzie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kazzie View Post
You can't flash the firmware (main.bin), because 006 is less than 480. You should be able to flash the user-data EMMC with whichever region you want.

You'd still be stuck with, for example, all the 460-flavour system languages if you did this.
Is there any chance reflash cmt-mcusw back to normal?

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
You can't flash the firmware (main.bin), because 006 is less than 480.

What do you not understand? Be happy that youn not have flashed a chinese version.

If you can convince Nokia to give us a newer FW_Update (PR1.4), so you can flash a version with a lower number, even 001

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post: