Active Topics

No rush, I won't be able to take a look until next week at the earliest as I'm on holiday this week. Finished building my new pc (for now), scratchbox is moved over from old one ready to go. Want to build maemo qt5 and port qt-hildon-components so I can work on a qt5 port of my microb replacement.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I've set up an image in my existing vbox image using the instructions from http://blog.night-shade.org.uk/2013/...-armhf-rootfs/ replacing wheezy with jessie, as far as (but not including) the serial console step.

Before I start building a kernel, does anyone have latest one built and packaged?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
What about SGX driver, are you able to load it and start X ? I guess you'll need userspace from Meego
I've been trying to get the SGX driver working using the userspace from Nemo but have not had a lot of success.

The pvrsrvkm and omaplfp kernel modules are loaded but the userspace driver initialisation script is failing the test on this line because /proc/pvr/version does not exist (the /proc/pvr directory does exist but it's empty). This leads me to believe that there's something not quite right with the PVR driver. I had a quick look at the related patch but was unable to deduce what might be causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2014-09-15 at 05:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
drivers/gpu/pvr/module.c: 229
Makes a call to CreateProcEntries(), which in turn creates the /proc/pvr folder. WIthout testing, I would guess the fault is in the if block @ drivers/gpu/pvr/proc.c: 167

I'm leaning towards
Code:
file->owner = THIS_MODULE;
being the problem as it was removed in 2.6.30 http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ker...ea9e41149804f3. I have also found another version of the driver based on cedartrail that has this line in an if block for older kernel versions (https://github.com/thomas001/cdv/blo...ux/proc.c#L477)

If not, you could try building debug version to enable PVR_DPF definition to see what proc entry is failing?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Did that help at all?

I'm still looking over prospects for UI and updated maemo-like interfaces (mce, libdsme, mafw etc) to see what ones are worth keeping.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Due to hardware damage, I can do only 1 keypress in u-boot. Is it possible to boot the Jessie only once:
a) from N900 itself (maybe using the flasher as in the device)
b) from a Linux box?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Did that help at all?

I'm still looking over prospects for UI and updated maemo-like interfaces (mce, libdsme, mafw etc) to see what ones are worth keeping.
Very useful information but unfortunately I haven't yet done anything with it. I decided it would be better to get my scripts ready first in their current form before something else comes up that might limit my available time to work on them.

Devuan for N950 and N9.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Due to hardware damage, I can do only 1 keypress in u-boot. Is it possible to boot the Jessie only once:
a) from N900 itself (maybe using the flasher as in the device)
b) from a Linux box?
You could alter the boot order so that Jessie is the first boot entry. That way you only need to press the "enter" key. Make sure the default option (set by symlink) is set to Maemo so that if you wait for U-Boot to time out it will still boot to Maemo.

Devuan for N950 and N9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
And would booting without u-boot be possible (e.g. one time boot using the flasher)?

OT: wicket: please elaborate "It doesn't seem so expensive when you put it into perspective." from your signature

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
And would booting without u-boot be possible (e.g. one time boot using the flasher)?
It should be possible, although I have no experience with that. I think you would be better off to configure U-Boot as I suggested above.

OT: wicket: please elaborate "It doesn't seem so expensive when you put it into perspective." from your signature
Well the Neo900 is very expensive when you compare the specs to a similarly priced phone but that's not its main selling point. I'm most attracted to the freedom and privacy features. Like a PC, there is no de facto OS, you are free to install or port whatever OS you like. There are no LTE modems with open firmware (modified open firmware would be illegal in most if not all countries). This raises serious privacy concerns such as NSA spying, etc. The Neo900 solution to this problem is to sandbox and monitor the modem. So what I mean in my signature is that with other phones, you don't really own them as you have little control over what they do and don't know if you are being spied on. I see the the Neo900 as a small price to pay for freedom and privacy.

Devuan for N950 and N9.

Last edited by wicket; 2015-04-26 at 22:33.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: