Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Ari Jaaksi blog, as far as I remember, reports it quite clearly
"Clearly" is not an adverb I always associate with "Finnglish", but...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I thought I read the NYC Nokia store is selling the N800 for $360. Anyone in NYC would be better of buying from the Nokia Store than eBay.

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
Ari Jaaksi blog, as far as I remember, reports it quite clearly
Just a thought but Ari is in Vegas at CES and probably has little time to sit and discuss the situation with the development team so I'd take his post with a pinch of salt.

I hope that Nokia will assess the fallout from the N800/OS2007 launch and post an updated "way forward" once they have returned from CES and had time to think more clearly about the situation.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
At least the seller says they are authorized reseller and they have other expensive Nokia phones on sale as well... Looks to me legitimate Nokia reseller?

Anyway, I do not really care if it is pre-production unit as long as it works fine. Any reason to believe it is somehow defective?
The initial channels were very, very restricted. I'm just surprised and suspicious to see any on eBay at this point, that's all.

I have no reason to think they are defective, however.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
I thought I read the NYC Nokia store is selling the N800 for $360. Anyone in NYC would be better of buying from the Nokia Store than eBay.
That's interesting... why would they not sell it with the same price on their online store??? It was still $399 as I checked 2 minutes ago...

Of course if you buy directly from store you have to pay sales tax as well.

Texrat, what's wrong with us Finnglish speakers? Especially since your nickname implies you speak Texan..

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
That's interesting... why would they not sell it with the same price on their online store??? It was still $399 as I checked 2 minutes ago...

Of course if you buy directly from store you have to pay sales tax as well.
I read about the $360 NYC Nokia Store price in a comment on Engadget, so there's a good chance it's complete b0llox! There was no mention of sales tax - if anyone is in NYC maybe they could pop in and confirm?

Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
Texrat, what's wrong with us Finnglish speakers? Especially since your nickname implies you speak Texan..
LOL... just giving you guys a hard time. I've actually gotten fairly good at interpreting Finnglish, and I always enjoy hosting my Finnish compatriots.

And I'm actually from California; just got transported to Texas.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The initial channels were very, very restricted. I'm just surprised and suspicious to see any on eBay at this point, that's all.
I made some research and Datavis is one of the Nokia launch partners for N800. Don't ask how I know... But I can assure thit is CORRECT information from reliable source. You would be safe to buy it from them, if there are any left?

Ok, good work Mara!