Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by derliebewolf View Post
no. anyway, where would I have to look for logs? /var/log/... ?
There's several places, but I'm not the best person to be asking.
They should be able to give you the best procedure.
Just keep bugging them there occasionally, I'll be tuning in.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Good news, anyone having the same issue, have hopes! It will be fixed in PR 1.2, according to Nokia: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=704

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to derliebewolf For This Useful Post:
Yeah I saw that post in the report, great news.
I'm surprised at how quickly they fixed it too.
I hope it really is fixed....

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah I saw that post in the report, great news.
I'm surprised at how quickly they fixed it too.
I hope it really is fixed....
said too say it has not left me... Smartsearch is still eating too much CPU and battery uses more then 300 mA, it was there the second after the device rebooted after upgrading and havent left in the 3 days since that, now it even uses slightly more then on pr 1.1

Originally Posted by knutelde View Post
said too say it has not left me... Smartsearch is still eating too much CPU and battery uses more then 300 mA, it was there the second after the device rebooted after upgrading and havent left in the 3 days since that, now it even uses slightly more then on pr 1.1
Ah yes you're the usr that re-opened the report a few days ago.
Just wait for their feedback there...
If you really are experiencing the issue described in this thread.
Then they'll need you to gather some info etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-07 at 10:26.

My problem was that smartsearch/tracker used 100% CPU för about 10 seconds after every received/sent SMS, with idle usage about going up to 50mA. Not as extreme as some other reported. Fix was to clear ~/.cache/tracker and lose lots of data :-(

Problem might have been that I had about 10k SMS after a few months usage...

Using PR1.2 since 1 week ago, problem might have existed before but without symptoms.

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
Hmmm...I can't list, chmod, move, or do anything with .cache/tracker, not even after devel-su. That results "Permissions denied". Diretory has rights "d---rwx--- metadata metadata"
Mine was the same, use develsh instead of devel-su. But be warned that all your contacts and messages will disappear, possibly some more data as well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glyph.se For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
My problem was that smartsearch/tracker used 100% CPU för about 10 seconds after every received/sent SMS, with idle usage about going up to 50mA. Not as extreme as some other reported. Fix was to clear ~/.cache/tracker and lose lots of data :-(

Problem might have been that I had about 10k SMS after a few months usage...

Using PR1.2 since 1 week ago, problem might have existed before but without symptoms.
Very interesting, worthwhile sharing in the bug report.
The Nokia devs might want some info from you.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Very interesting, worthwhile sharing in the bug report.
The Nokia devs might want some info from you.
Not sure if it's the same problem, it's completely gone after emptying the .cache/tracker folder. Don't know yet if it will come back, will take a few months until i reach ~10k SMS again. It seems more like a performance problem than a bug to me.

I know several Android phones suffer problems as well when you got several thousand of messages on them.

The Following User Says Thank You to glyph.se For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
Not sure if it's the same problem, it's completely gone after emptying the .cache/tracker folder. Don't know yet if it will come back, will take a few months until i reach ~10k SMS again. It seems more like a performance problem than a bug to me.

I know several Android phones suffer problems as well when you got several thousand of messages on them.
Still, you never know, could be some useful observations to share with them.

I have started to see the same problem again. This time it seems narrowed down to large conversations only, small ones seem unaffected.

After sending/receiving a message in a large conversation (maybe 4-5k sms) my /usr/lib/tracker/tracker-store takes up 100% CPU for about 5-10 seconds.

Will try to remote conversation shortly and see if the problem disappears again.