Notices

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I actually found FBA more convenient than Mame4all as the latter uses very old romsets.
True,

but i believe they will run far smoother than the current mame and FBA does'nt support alot of the old classics that mame does and you know the old saying 'they don't make them like they used to'

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

MAME4ALL will be smoother than sdlmame or mame on N900, but it's just for some games, such as cps1.

No games that MAME4ALL can support but mame cannot, if it does, that's cause you have not use the correct rom, you should check your romdat.

btw, some hack roms, such as wof, probobly not be supported by mame or sdlmame, but supported by mame4all and fba. that's almost in cps1

I don't think our N900 needs a mame4all version, we just need fba can use a savestate, or a higher version of mame like .143u7

Read my posts in the mame thread new mame versions will not run most roms smooth on low speed cpu's whereas older mame versions should run smooth..
The reason i chose mame4all from the gp2x wiz is that it would be much easier to port than the same version from the official mame source.

Google it and you will find discussions on why new mame versions need medium to high end pc's to run most games smooth and older mame versions run most of their rom list smooth on average pc's.
People want quality performance from games not jerky, stuttering games which you have to turn the sound off to play.

FBA is great and works surprisingly well on my N900 but check the rom list its missing a lot of classic roms. Its nobody's fault its just what FBA supports.

handhelds running mame really well, GP2x (mk2), GP2x wiz, JXD s7300

Samsung galaxy note 2 owner and of course mame on that too

ex - Xbox 360 user - here is the reason -

I am back Xboxing again - and here is what i did to correct it -

***UPDATE*** now 47 months on and x-clamp fix has just failed....not a bad run

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
i cant do anything with this..as my n900 has spanish layout keyboard (no up and down arrows)..

remap keyboard, to have arrows?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
new version of FBA is in the repo. Main change is incorporates the changes from v0.2.97.24 found here http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba.php.

Note changes were done by Dave18 at the Pandora board.

The Following User Says Thank You to ace1000 For This Useful Post:
As FBA based, we would not have much more new game to be supported. Even between now version 0.2.97.21 and the elder vision 0.2.97.08.

Now for arcadeemulators, we should need a new version of mame, just like the ANDROID just relaeasd 0.139, or higer version, best be 0.143b7 or 0.145 that can play cavesh3. but to N900 or other android phone, maybe not powerful to run cavesh3 well. so, in fact, we need no more.

btw, N900's mame can't support SH2 cpu, such as ST-V PSIKYOSH2 CPS3, but we do have one way to run them

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
remap keyboard, to have arrows?
really?...remap my device keyboard just to be able to jump up and down the options of capex?..naa...uninstalling this.

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-04-01 at 04:12.

Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
really?...remap my device keyboard just to be able to jump up and down the options of capex?..naa...uninstalling this.
If you can't be arsed to go to the phone's settings and set the keyboard to english/nederlands then gtfo. It takes 10 seconds to do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Sorry if oft
Maybe listing working not working games can be done including its especification ( not only the name)?