Posts: 34 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
I recently bought the SonyEricsson MH1 wired headset. and they work beautifully on N9 and N900.Works like a single button headset.
Remember to check for the green sony-ericsson logo. Only this works.

Reviews:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/revi...st-kept-secret

Was a bit pricey(SGD 118). But if you need a good headset, then this is recommended.

Also any Iphone compatible headset can be used, with Fiio LU1/LU2 adapters, to work like a single button headset.
Already suggested earlier. I just got this one too and can confirm it works well;
The Fiio LU1 might be better option than to get a full headset that only works on the old nokia smarties.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to macexplorer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by EspeonEefi View Post
Well, the concern came to pass, and about six months later, the insulation broke where the wire connected to the male connector of the adapter, exposing the underlying copper.

I have since acquired a FiiO LU2 adapter, and it works like a charm. The build quality also seems to be much better than the MEElectronics adapter. There's also the FiiO LU1 for those who want a straight plug rather than an L plug.
@EspeonEefi
Can you or somebody else confirme that with this item you can use the headset controller for answering phone calls and to manage the music.player (louder/lower, next/previous)?
I have to.change my headphones and want to buy a headset with controller, maybe the Bose ie2i for iPhone.

Originally Posted by EspeonEefi View Post
There's also the FiiO LU1 for those who want a straight plug rather than an L plug.
YES!

The FiiO LU1 works perfectly, my daughter can now use her fancy Marshall headphones with her N9!

Thanks.

(Bought it on Amazon UK).

Originally Posted by JohnHughes View Post
YES!

The FiiO LU1 works perfectly, my daughter can now use her fancy Marshall headphones with her N9!

Thanks.

(Bought it on Amazon UK).
I've tested the Fiio with the Bose MIE2i (cabled with controller) and could answer/end phone calls and if I'm not wrong also skip to next/previous song, but not adjust the volume.

After I hear a lot of music and want to adjust the volume without taking the phone out of the pocket, this FiiO is not useful for me.

Has anyone tested the compatibility of Nokia n9 with headphones Nokia Boom WH-530?

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
my original headset just died on me.
Will the Microsoft WH-308 work with the N9?
Other recommendations in that price range with microphone and button to take/end calls and play/pause media player?
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
No, basically everything widely available now won't work with the N9 as everyone standardised on the "other" layout. In fact the writing was already on the wall before the N9, but they seemed to stubbornly stick with the "old nokia" layout.

That and the finicky not-quite-lenient-enough USB charging are for me the two main hardware annoyances with the N9, but that's another rant.

You'll need an adapter as above, or to source an N9/Symbian flavour old headset.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
ok, I'll take this then:

Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
my original headset just died on me.
The Nokia WH 205 headset that came with the N900 works just fine with the N9. It is still available:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003HLRT2Q

The Following User Says Thank You to BentL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Ah, I love those retro handsets! I think I've got a bluetooth version sitting around here somewhere, but they do have headphone-jack versions available too:

Amazon.com link: http://www.amazon.com/Echo-Logico-Re.../dp/B007TSRFX6

A bluetooth version: http://www.amazon.com/SHARPER-Blueto.../dp/B00N8SAQM8

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: