Active Topics

This problem has been going on for the last 4 months and it's incredibly frustrating not being able to use my camera.

Basically, whenever I start up the camera app on my N9, it doesn't start up and says 'camera is not responding'. I've reflashed my phone many times, killed cutetube tasks, remove applications and still nothing.

So, whoever gives me the piece of advice that leads to my camera functioning again will get a reward of £20 via Paypal. No joke. I really want to use my camera again.

Thank you.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tom_cranks View Post
This problem has been going on for the last 4 months and it's incredibly frustrating not being able to use my camera.

Basically, whenever I start up the camera app on my N9, it doesn't start up and says 'camera is not responding'. I've reflashed my phone many times, killed cutetube tasks, remove applications and still nothing.

So, whoever gives me the piece of advice that leads to my camera functioning again will get a reward of £20 via Paypal. No joke. I really want to use my camera again.

Thank you.
Waht gets written in logs when you try to start it?
What about if you "killall camera-ui" ?
Do you have your MyDocs mounted?

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Try ti start it from terminal:
Code:
camera-ui
And tell output.

Also you should try cameraplus application its better than stock camera. All but start time is better.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
Maybe it's an hardware issue and your camera module is broken.

Nokia N810 16 GB
CSSU Stable
Diablo Turbo

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by n900hacker View Post
Maybe it's an hardware issue and your camera module is broken.
That is unfortunately quite likely.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
1) reflash emmc+stock pr1.3 firmware {i know you probably have already}
try out camera
2) carefully take apart n9 all the way down to the camera, turn it on with everything hanging out and try out camera
3) swear loudly and buy this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-N9-OEM...item3a86675509
4) OR make me an offer for my spare n9 camera {the screen connector broke off the motherboard on my old n9, so i have a totally working n9, sans screen, for use as spare parts}.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Brescia, Italy
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That is unfortunately quite likely.
Maybe it's only a broken connector and not the whole camera

Nokia N810 16 GB
CSSU Stable
Diablo Turbo

that would be far far worse

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Dhaka
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Try ti start it from terminal:
Code:
camera-ui
And tell output.

Also you should try cameraplus application its better than stock camera. All but start time is better.
I am having the same problem. camera-ui gave me following msg.

~ # camera-ui
MApplicationService: registerService() registering failed
MApplicationService: Calling launch() in another application with service : "com.nokia.maemo.CameraService"

This problem started when I repaired USB charging unit from a local mechanic. Even if i agree my camera broken or something like that, but my point is, beside my camera why the third party FlashLight (by PICO Brothers) application is not working? Flash light user interface starting, after touching the black round button it became blue but no flash light is not turning on!

Can anyone help me?

pleasurebd, reflash your phone.
also, check out my n9-button-monitor for turning flashlight on while the screen is locked by holding down the volume button. my app is opensource and free.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post: