Notices

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
When I swipe the keyboard to change into voice input, I cant change it back to the default keyboard with a swipe anymore. If you swipe, it will minimize the app. So I have to change the keyboard everytime within the phone settings. Can this be fixed?

Last edited by HtheB; 2012-02-11 at 17:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
When I swipe the keyboard to change into voice input, I cant change it back to the default keyboard with a swipe anymore. If you swipe, it will minimize the app. So I have to change the keyboard everytime within the phone settings. Can this be fixed?
swipe in the lower part of the "keyboard" to get back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by desertconsulting View Post
I've made many tests and everything always worked fine, but I've never tried to talk immediately after mic press... There's a little delay between the mic press and the real start of voice recording, just wait a second before you start talking. I'm working on the next release to add feedbacks, so to start talking int the right moment.
Works now... took a few reboots, and activating it a bit but it works.

Edit: it's still very hit or miss, but when it works, it works really well.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Last edited by Arie; 2012-02-11 at 19:12.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Got the newest version from Store, but voice input doesn't work for me anymore, even if I wait a second or two before talking, it just shows me the cancel button for ~2 seconds then fails to suggest anything.

Hope to see another update soon =)
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
The swipe area is the whole keyboard, you can swipe in the center, so if you don't hit borders, you don't minimize the app.

The Following User Says Thank You to desertconsulting For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
Got the newest version from Store, but voice input doesn't work for me anymore, even if I wait a second or two before talking, it just shows me the cancel button for ~2 seconds then fails to suggest anything.

Hope to see another update soon =)

I'm harldy workin on new updates

Just few questions: have you set the accuracy and the language of the keyboard?

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
By accuracy, if you meant "less accurate transcription" option, it was unticked by default and I didn't change it. Language is already set to system default (Turkish), also tried with English without any success.

Another small bug I noticed: as far as I understood, SOS button gets us the standard keyboard. Problem is, even If I use a different vkb (such as Turkish) it brings English keyboard, also adds it to my input methods permanently.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
By accuracy, if you meant "less accurate transcription" option, it was unticked by default and I didn't change it. Language is already set to system default (Turkish), also tried with English without any success.

Another small bug I noticed: as far as I understood, SOS button gets us the standard keyboard. Problem is, even If I use a different vkb (such as Turkish) it brings English keyboard, also adds it to my input methods permanently.
switch "less accurate" so that is becomes "more accurate"

ATM that's the behaviour of the SOS button, you can disable the US keyboard by Settings->Time and language->Text input->Installed input methods. SOS button is not a fast keyboard switch, but something to be used when, for a mistake, you selected only keyboards that couldn't input your password to unlock the phone. In a next release it'll be configurable to select the layout you'd like as "SOS".

This app is awesome, but maybe in the next update could you implement Symbols into the app for basic punctuation/symbols and numbers, it would be it much more usable as ATM if we want a number or a full stop we have to switch keyboards

PS Quick bug report, the app doesn't capitalize the first letter of the first word either at the beginning of the text or after a full stop, not sure if you could implement that

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
This app is awesome, but maybe in the next update could you implement Symbols into the app for basic punctuation/symbols and numbers, it would be it much more usable as ATM if we want a number or a full stop we have to switch keyboards

PS Quick bug report, the app doesn't capitalize the first letter of the first word either at the beginning of the text or after a full stop, not sure if you could implement that
About punctuation, there will be an update in the very near future. About numbers, just dictate them, it simply works. If you spell numbers there will be spaces between them, one of the next updates will have auto-space-removing too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to desertconsulting For This Useful Post: