Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by THavoc View Post
Hm, looks like I don't have persmission to use PMs. Interesting.
It's just to avoid spam. As soon as you have few more messages in the board this option will be activated automatically.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
It's just to avoid spam. As soon as you have few more messages in the board this option will be activated automatically.
Good to know, thanks.

I found out some problems . don't know if you discuss it before or not .

1- I tried to use my E-mail admin@armaemo.org with the MfE , it works and receive messages but it doesn't send any thing and when I try it tells me this

2- It doesn't support Arabic some time , so some messages comes with question marks instead of Arabic characters .

3- I have another E-mail on hotmail that I filtered the messages on it so for example Google messages goes to Google folder , Nokia messages goes to Nokia folder automatically .
the problem is when I try to get those messages on my N900 the MfE couldn't get any messages except those in the inbox . nothing from Nokia folder or Google folder ..etc

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by abu9al7 View Post
I found out some problems . don't know if you discuss it before or not .

1- I tried to use my E-mail admin@armaemo.org with the MfE , it works and receive messages but it doesn't send any thing and when I try it tells me this

2- It doesn't support Arabic some time , so some messages comes with question marks instead of Arabic characters .

3- I have another E-mail on hotmail that I filtered the messages on it so for example Google messages goes to Google folder , Nokia messages goes to Nokia folder automatically .
the problem is when I try to get those messages on my N900 the MfE couldn't get any messages except those in the inbox . nothing from Nokia folder or Google folder ..etc
1. Have you checked the username, password and server again? Does the server accept SMTP?

3 seems to be a known issue with Hotmail not letting users access folders over POP3. Try it in another mail client to try make sure that's the issue, then contact Microsoft with your complaint. IMAP would of course be preferable.

Last edited by floffe; 2009-12-26 at 15:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
Hi everybody.

Just installed my N900 as exchange 2007 (soon 2010) client.
Wanted to say everything works great, including folders.
I have even some more options than my previous WiMo device :-)

I hope this gives some hope to those having problems ...

I did buy the N900 because ti runs Linux and I hoped to remain free from Microsoft applications. More in particular I hope that somebody will develop apps to sync with Kontakt and/or Evolution.

In the maintime, I can sync with Google Calendar, but not with contacts. Bummer!

Paai

Originally Posted by paai View Post
In the maintime, I can sync with Google Calendar, but not with contacts. Bummer!
You can use the free nuevasync.com service to sync calendar and contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to THavoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Thank you very much for the warm words.

Let marketing guys to announce Maemo firmware releases and the new features inside. I am not Maemo spokesman

Nokia Dev team is working on N900 MfE improvements.
Modest is open-sourced and you can see the directions it goes by yourself.

If you ask about Nokia plans, I can only repeat that I am not Maemo spokesman. If you are asking about technical possibilities - why not?

Can only repeat my statement about not being Maemo spokesman And I can also recommend you and all the java funs to communicate with jalimo project (jalimo.org)
Hi Vitaly !
Thank you again to you...the warm words are well deserved.

I understand your position about not telling anything about the time and features included in next releases.

I hope we'll see them very early, at least some of them, since I saw the PR 1.1 is out for testing (I would be glad to test it but I understand I'm a new entry of the Maemo community and that there are many other people more deserving than me).

I just ask you to push the marketing people to let you developers exploit the full potential of Maemo and Linux without limiting it because of possible conflict with other Symbian phone (example N97 and N97 mini).
We need to have a very good implementation of MfE for business reason, otherwise I and many other users have to switch to other devices and return to windows mobile (Bleah ) or Iphone or...

I'm waiting to test N900 as primary phone because of Mfe problems with Exchange 2003...so I'm very anxious.

Speaking of Modest, I hope the features of the client will be improved because I think it lacks some important function, like the search, better compatibility with outlook etc...
I search on internet about Modest webpage (http://modest.garage.maemo.org/ ) but it tells almost anything about future plans, and also FAQ or other things....

do you know if it is possible to use more complete email client of maemo, mantaining the compatibility with the message database of the stadard modest ?

Thank you again for the reply,
Merry S. Stefano

Cesare

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
HI Vitaly and all the current user of Mfe Calendar sync.

Since I'm at home this night...I have some time to ask ;-)

I didn't have the opportunity to try MfE (for the 2003 bug) but I would like to know if there are problems with the MfE sync with Exchange servers when all the standard function are not fully used.

I mean, If I understand in Calendar application for example is not supported :
-Category
-Colour synchronisation
- Multiple calendars sync with exchange

Will I loose those infos in the Exchange and outlook side, if I sync calendar witn N900 OTA ?

I saw on the Nokia web page:
http://maemo.nokia.com/features/calendar/
that there are multiple calendars supported by N900 Calendar apps, but if I understand, these can be synced only with PC Suite, right ?

And the different colors are assigned only to the different calendars, not to the different type of event I put in the calendar (for example in outlook I have the personal appointments, the business appointment, "need to partecipate" etc..)

So what do you suggest to do, If I'm using a single calendar in the enviroment Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP3 to have different colors for the different type of appointments ?
Can different calendars in N900 be mapped to one single Exchange calendar preserving the different color codes ?

I hope I explainded well in my poor English...

Thanks for the reply and suggestion,

Merry Xmas again,
Cesare

We had a few users all report seeing this error message when configuring to sync with our service (www.nuevasync.com):

Error. Either Exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled.

I did some searching in Bugzilla and so far can't find an existing bug, so I filed a bug with details and diagnosis:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7357

The executive summary is for for unknown reasons, a few devices (around 2% in our sample), end up with a broken MfE cert store that is missing some CA cert symlinks.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!