Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Right, some belated answers, sorry for any delays but I don't have time to be trawling tmo everyday anymore:
  • Contacts will only be created if Accounts > Create birthday-only contacts is ticked.
  • Data should only be overwritten if Refresh is pressed. Retrieve will only pull in data.
  • I've not seen the Profile_URL error before. Please run /opt/hermes/bin/hermes from X Terminal and copy and paste the output into a new bug report.
  • Some people don't allow applications to access their profile pictures. This is unfortunate, but there's nothing I can do within the Facebook T&Cs.

HTH,

Andrew
Sorry I really don't understand X-Terminal, having never used linux/maemo before. Can anyone help me out to run the /opt/hermes/bin/hermes ?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ New Jersey
I am having the same profile_url problem. I gathered the output of the command and opened a bug:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6768

The Following User Says Thank You to macdea For This Useful Post:
Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Yeah same profile_url error here too. Reboot did not resolve either.

im having the same issues also

same issues here... reinstall , reboot , re flash didn't work.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post
same issues here... reinstall , reboot , re flash didn't work.
Jesus guys, you definitely need to stop flashing your devices because of these kind of issues. Problem seems to be quite trivial, even though didn't put much thought on it when browsed through the code.

The Following User Says Thank You to naabi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
I would like hermes, or any other app for that matter, to support hyves. Is there any possibility that it will support this network in the future?

The Following User Says Thank You to GiGi. For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
much like GiGi, I'd like to see more supported networks. I use Facebook, but I also use Ovi, Google Voice, MySpace, Nimbuzz, and Gizmo. Can or will these networks be added in the future? MySpace is most important, as I'm a music producer, and all of my business contacts are there. Having that info in my address book would be great for me, but everyone is stuck on Facebook and Twitter. Performance artists buy mobiles, too...

Log out of facebook and log back in. That seem to work for me.

I like this application very much, and it works as advertised.
I too would like to see more services added. Hyves would be great because all my family is on there.

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website