Technically (http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_process) it's up to SD69:

8. The date of the next election will be set by the council chair, not more than 6 months after the previous election.
(well, the 6 month part ship has sailed long ago), but note also:

9. The election date must be publicised at least 1 month in advance of the election.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Well technically you are rught but we had some problems which don't fit into this regulations.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Technically (http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_process) it's up to SD69:

(well, the 6 month part ship has sailed long ago), but note also:
hmm technically, this could easily be made in to a not ligitable process.
In case someone would protest as of the regulations.
Knowing the history,mthis will probably be the case, and we will have yet again a hard time getting our wishes/influence through in the right channels

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Well technically you are rught but we had some problems which don't fit into this regulations.
no such thing exist really

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
No need to turn this thread into another byzantine discussion? Let's wait for SD69 instructions and that's it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
No need to turn this thread into another byzantine discussion? Let's wait for SD69 instructions and that's it.
agree, but the only paragraph that could make me wrong is
Code:
12. Changes to any of the above rules must be approved by community referendum.
Voting in such referenda will be open to anyone eligible to vote in the council elections.
The referendum options must be debated for a minimum of 1 month prior to the referendum.
Referendum voting will be open for the same length of time as the council elections
I suggest SD69 will look at this

Date was known a month before. It's delayed only due to technical problems. There *could* be problem, if we would like to make election *earlier*, but in current situation, it's a non-existent issue.

BTW, see my last comment on bugzilla.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Date was known a month before. It's delayed only due to technical problems. There *could* be problem, if we would like to make election *earlier*, but in current situation, it's a non-existent issue.

BTW, see my last comment on bugzilla.

/Estel
+1 for that comment
(https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12612#c21)

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
I am not the Council Chair. Although its not my responsibility and maybe not my place (since I am a candidate - I hope everyone will understand), I responded to the request by saying that the voting should start as soon as possible and ensure that everyone eligible has at least 7 days to vote.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
So, everything is decided in bug thread already. We're now waiting only for X-Fade pushing "big button" to start voting machine.

Small request here - if anyone sees that it started (mails sent etc), please fill dates in wiki article ASAP. I'll do it myself, of course, but maybe someone will notice it before me?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
council, election, incommunicado, winding down