Poll: Are you happy with N900 frame/hardware quality?
Poll Options
Are you happy with N900 frame/hardware quality?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
I got the same issue on my n900. In dark there are even viewable gaps between der chars an the plastic...dunno if i need to send it back...love it so much....

Hi all maemo.org users. had my Nine for a few months now and i have begun to see a small gap appearing between the bottom of the keyboard and the edge of the chassis. the thin plastic bit that runs around the outside of the keyboard at the bottom is not firm or stuck in place. is this correct?

cheers all

Mine has always had it I think.... I noticed it when I saw it had bits of dirt in it

Pretty silly design really.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by danielz000 View Post
Mine has always had it I think.... I noticed it when I saw it had bits of dirt in it

Pretty silly design really.
Pretty silly just to accept the mistake. I got one of the very first devices and had the same problem. A few days ago I talked to nokia care center (de) and explained. They were willing to grant me a retour although the 30-days deadline was over.

Right now I'am waiting for the new device and need to use my old phone instead and it feels like crap beeing disabled in so many ways...

Hello,

Has anybody had this problem with N900 Keyboard:

My Keyboard is worse each day. If I press the space, It feel very unstable.

I think the N900 Keyboard it is not well-built, a friend of mine has the same problem. Anybody had that problem?
Attached Images

Last edited by Khoshteep; 2010-01-28 at 20:45.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
What should your link show?

Hi, did you see the space between the line and the "C"? The thin line on my N900 is going off the Keyboard, probably because is very thin, what you think? or I'm a Perfectionist?

The pic can't be reached without registering or sharing e-mail addresses. Please, can you attach the pic instead?

Sorry, now is attached.

Last edited by Khoshteep; 2010-01-28 at 20:46.

Hi, the first N900 that i had had the same problem. After i change it in the shop for another (coz he got some dead pixels), i got another with a much better build keyboard. No space under the "C" anymore, its looks like there is a newer batch of phones where theye solve that problem.

(sorry for my bad English)

Last edited by Warhamstr; 2010-01-28 at 20:56.

Tags
broken, gap, hardware, hardware keyboard, keyboard, keyboard problem, keyboard quality, keyboard surround, loose, n900, problem