Notices

Sorry, i still have the issue with the replaced binary..

This is excellent and works fine. There is a slight pause before each voice sound byte. Also cant get past the first level due to the Enter key not working. Hoping for a fix so my 5 year old son can also become addicted - hes just discovered RTS

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Could you try http://github.com/downloads/smokku/opendune/opendune.gz - it should fix the Return issue.
Didn't work here. Replaced /opt/maemo/usr/games/opendune with your binary (ungzipped), is that correct? The game works but it doesn't accept <ENTER> nor any combination with Ctrl, Alt or Shift.

Originally Posted by pieter_jh View Post
There is a slight pause before each voice sound byte.
Yeah the performance is great other the the slight pause that happens before playing sound most of the time.

I didn't hear any music either? Not sure if these issues are related to OpenDune or to the port itself. Good work regardless, much more playable than playing the original version in DosBox for me.

Originally Posted by pieter_jh View Post
This is excellent and works fine. There is a slight pause before each voice sound byte. Also cant get past the first level due to the Enter key not working. Hoping for a fix so my 5 year old son can also become addicted - hes just discovered RTS
Are you sure you want that?

I was like 15 years old when I had my Dune II-addiction, and I was not sleeping in a week, just playing the game and going to school..

Have you thought about entering this is the coding competition? I know it's based on opendune but I reckon the porting effort makes it worthy of an entry.

Any comments/suggestions/proposals on the problem of not getting past level 1?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Well, I started to complain it didn't work, but discovered HAM says nothing if WGET fails. Uninstalling and reinstalling a few times dislodged the DNS and it went ahead.

Strongly recommend using CLI for the first install.

Anyhow, great, great work. Dune is a monument.

And finally, any speed increase would be much appreciated

ETA: Drat, it hanged on the first level as I was trying to have it build a refinery. I was under attack. Sigh. The intro again.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-06-02 at 18:00.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
ETA: Drat, it hanged on the first level as I was trying to have it build a refinery. I was under attack. Sigh. The intro again.
You may tap the screen to skip the intro.

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
opendune_0.3-1maemo2 fixes the return key issue and fails installation if data was not downloaded correctly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post: