I think he'll act like a lightning arrester of some sort. All the negativity (and nonsense) are just focused on him that when the sh*t hits the fan, he'll be the one taking all the crap.
Yeah we're kind of unfair to elop, he's just the ceo who executes the strategy. If the whole wp7 adventure fails they will kick him out and everybody will blame him for the mess. I'm sure his salary compensates for that though (it would for me).

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Yeah we're kind of unfair to elop, he's just the ceo who executes the strategy. If the whole wp7 adventure fails they will kick him out and everybody will blame him for the mess. I'm sure his salary compensates for that though (it would for me).
You're right.... but incidentally we were not talking about Elop
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
I always wonder what would have happened if they had pushed maemo down to a mobile touch phone and up to a 6 inch tablet and 10 inch netbook form factor in a quick and agile manner. With Nokia's distribution and production scale we would be looking at a 100% different mobile and arguably desktop/laptop ecosystem right now.
Indeed. They were[1] working on resolution independence back in the day, but then decided to abandon the internet tablet concept just as everyone else was embracing it.

[1] incidentally, lucasr and a bunch of other GNOME people left around the time Elephanta was scrapped

“In a year, we’ve gone from very small to ... very small,” said Balmer, referring to the WP7 market share.

Well thats alright then, Nokia did good to bet the house on it.

rgds

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uTMY For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
“In a year, we’ve gone from very small to ... very small,” said Balmer, referring to the WP7 market share.

It can do nothing but go up... right?

</Steve Ballmer>

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 42 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2011
Interesting stats for the level of N9 interest based on google trends.....even less than N8, and much less than iphone 4...

http://www.google.com/trends?q=nokia...ate=all&sort=0

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post

rgds
Android was small once - how we'd all have laughed if they bet on that...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by meego99 View Post
Interesting stats for the level of N9 interest based on google trends.....even less than N8, and much less than iphone 4...

http://www.google.com/trends?q=nokia...ate=all&sort=0
The N9 first spike is twice as big as the N8 one (ie, when announced), so I beg to differ.
The iphone 4 is like 20 times bigger indeed, but this is not surprising. The iphone is (among other things) a hype product, so people will talk about it anyway.

Banned | Posts: 42 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2011
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
The N9 first spike is twice as big as the N8 one (ie, when announced), so I beg to differ.
The iphone 4 is like 20 times bigger indeed, but this is not surprising. The iphone is (among other things) a hype product, so people will talk about it anyway.
Agree with that. But unlike N8, which sustained its spike, N9 is petering out quickly. It will be interesting to see over the next two months whether worldwide interest truly disappears or is maintained.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by NokTokDaddy View Post
Android was small once - how we'd all have laughed if they bet on that...
People look at Google differently than they do Microsoft. Corporate perception factors in heavily.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, goodbye nokia, mantis boy, n9 rox, success: sold 7