Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hmm, purge isn't working.

The first cp command worked but you made a mistake with the second one, it's "cp /var/lib/dpkg/status /media/mmc1" not "cp /var/lib/dpkg/status/media/mmc1"

Anyway, when you are done, connect the N800 over usb and upload the status & phonelink.list files and PM me the links

I have a working install of phonelink so I can check those files out. And hopefully fix them.

querty12,

Thanks for all your help. I got nothing as you can see below.
Can another package be causing the problems?
I really like the setup I have. I just need this fixed so I can add the libs and then when new os comes out I can migrate.

Dan
Attached Images

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing

Anyway, when you are done, connect the N800 over usb and upload the status & phonelink.list files and PM me the links
i must make longer, la de de de da kdsfjkdsf;kpldsfol

I've tried same commands four times. It outputs nothing.
I'm stuck. Maybe there's another way to attack this. What do you think?
All apps I have run good. Just can't add or remove any.

Dan

The command is meant to say nothing, sorry should have made that clearer.

Anyway upload me those 2 files!

This is really embarrasing. But where may I find these files so that I could upload to you?? I searched mmc1 and user and documents folder with no luck.
Thanks for your patience. Dan

Hmm, do you have removable memory card inserted?

Try these:
cp /var/lib/dpkg/info/phonelink.list /media/mmc2/phonelink.list
cp /var/lib/dpkg/info/status /media/mmc2/status

I got the following message, but when I checked mmc2 I did see one file called STATUS. It is 1.3mb. I can email to you. Where I'm at they don't allow uploading to servers or such. Send me a pm with your email because I think it's too big for here. Thanks again for your patience. Dan
Attached Images

Last edited by dan; 2008-04-09 at 12:00.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Issues with radio included in the applets. Why does it not work??? It would be awesome to have radio capability. I like internet radio but if your going to give us radio applet at least let it work. I asked at Nokia store and they said it isn't functional at this point. Can someone please find a way to get it to work.
I know this is a really old post, but don't know if you ever got it working. Do you realize you have to have headphones connected in order to use the radio? The N800 uses the headphones as the antenna. You can toggle listening through the speakers, if you want, but you still need the headphones connected as the antenna.

I'm listening to NPR right now on the built in speakers. Very nice feature.
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

Yeah I did get it working.
It is a great app. Thanks for helping out mk500.