windows mobile emulator would be nice

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
hey guys,

personally, i'd like to have :
1) a windows mobile emulator. my old acer n311 (VGA, 400mHz, 64 Ram/128ROM) had some soft that nokia lacks:

a) microsoft office (is an openoffice port possible?) - Many documents distributed at my college are in doc format
b) notes application: a program where you could create ONE SINGLE NOTE and type (bluetooth keyboard) as well ad draw (handwriting) in the same document. note: I use Maemopad+, and though the tree note system is nice, the restriction in the length of the graphical note deceives me.
c) SpaceTimeCalc - a powerful calculator tool that had the capacity to resolve limits, derivatives, integrals, as well as tracing 2D/3D plots

2) the third part of my complaints may actually be resolved. As posted earlier in this topic, someone was able to run Maple 5 on maemo (with an emulator of course). HOW?
I beg you to tell me the secret; it will incredibly ease my life!
PLEASE!

thanks in advance.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@iliaden

point 1b. try xournal - you get top quality handwritten and typed notes, plus the ability to annotate pdf files and export to pdf. It's addictive as the etch-a-sketch screen you might have had when you were a kid
point 2. go get the basilisk ii mac (68k) emulator & install on it applications as you like - including maple if you have it. Basilisk tgz packages and install notes are in the same thread with maple pic.

Have fun!

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
thanks for the advice, but I have os2008, and xournal wont install, not even in red pill mode, so this option is not even considered as a solution.

and thanks; I didn't know the name of the emulator.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@iliaden: xournal works well on os2008, even better than os2007, because the version that Anidel ported for chinook has text input from the keyboard, too. Find the right thread and follow instructions. (of course this is noise in a thread on windows - sorry)

isn't there a simple, single installation file that can be used to install a windows 95 emulator on the nokia n800?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by hard_rokr View Post
isn't there a simple, single installation file that can be used to install a windows 95 emulator on the nokia n800?
Well, technically, there isn't a Windows emulator for the tablets at all; there are emulators that will run assorted software packages, including Windows 95. In any case, it's rather unlikely there will ever be a "single installation file" for an emulator + Windows 95. Microsoft has some peculiar ideas on how its software should be distributed.

There is a post somewhere on this forum where someone actually loaded Windows 95 under the DOSBOX emulator. He said that it was much too slow to be usable. In fact just running older DOS programs in DOSBOX are a little slow, but at least some of those are fairly usable, like some of those good old VGA games.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ England
Has anyone had this working? mabey they could make a vid

dosbox is a good choice
I like starcaft very much.