Notices

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
For some reason it now works again without any change. Odd.

This has been requested 2 years ago but I'll bring it up again ...
Would it be possible to include purge instead of just de-install? Some apps leave a mess behind them with normal de-install.
And is it possible to see apps that have been installed but later de-installed? I'd like to clean up a little but I don't remember which apps I installed some time ago ...

Edit: OK, just found a nice one-liner for dpkg on "Free Up Rootfs Space" in "Community". Would be nice to have that in FAM but I'm happy with X-Term already. This community is awesome!

Last edited by daniel_m; 2012-03-24 at 10:26.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daniel_m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
maybe someone could make a more contemporary approach on the icons as well..just a sugestion..

Is there a way to tell fapman where to cache lists? It is using 45 MB in opt on my phone!

And you would prefer it to store in rootfs?

BTW, there is option to clear cache after every operation. Just check fapman settings.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by daniel_m View Post
And is it possible to see apps that have been installed but later de-installed? I'd like to clean up a little but I don't remember which apps I installed some time ago ...
Unfortunately, I have not found a dpkg.log file on my n900 (why is that anyway?), otherwise

Code:
grep install /var/log/dpkg.log
would have given you some info that looks allright for the human eye.

Instead, try

Code:
ls /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list -lh

This will give you some info on when a package was last modified but as dpkg does not store the date of installation (afaik) this is the closest thing I found. Of course this works only so far, as autoremove leaves .list files behind where purge does no such thing.

* write the output to a text file for your convenience.

Last edited by anthonie; 2012-04-16 at 08:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
And you would prefer it to store in rootfs?

BTW, there is option to clear cache after every operation. Just check fapman settings.

/Estel
Not rootfs but MyDocs or an SD card. I have checked the option to clear the cach, but /opt/fapman-cache is still stuffed with huge files ...

On another note, can the low-space warning be disabled? It's a good thing to get this warning when fapman is started, but getting a pop-up after some actions (updating catalogs, ...) is very annoying ...

A change of topic...

Previously people mentioned FAPMAN crashes when connecting to network using libicd-network-null (N900 USB Networking).
I saw the Qt bug page didn't have any progress. Now can't the developer of this add-in do something to escape from this bug?

Actually most Qt applications that use network run correctly on Maemo5 (Try Qt's browser demo for example).
Maybe buggy network functions that cause this crash can be avoided in FAPMAN so that people with wired USB connection can use it? It would be such a useful feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hossein For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Northern Italy
Edit: ignore, asked a stupid question. Sorry about that.

I added extra-devel, it said The package management system is locked by another process or...
However, I use the App Manager, it can load the extra-devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to skate_boy92 For This Useful Post: