Notices

Cant get this to work, I downloaded it via app manager and when I start it the intro plays. When the intro is finished, only a black screen.

Edit: Reinstalled everything and now it works.

Last edited by Alex Korova; 2010-07-12 at 17:44.

Originally Posted by fhmutairi View Post
Hi there,
excellent stuff bringing back this classic game, great stuff. But I installed the game and whenever I select a house to start a game I get a message that there is "No More Scenarios!" and then the game crahses!
I used the App Manager to install the game, am I missing something?
Love this game! Great to bring to N900!

I am having same "No More Scenarios" issue and also used App Manager to install game from Extras-Devel.

I noticed the dune files are in "Nokia N900/Games/DUNE2" and NOT "MyDocs/Games/DUNE2". Is that the issue?

Originally Posted by sixracer View Post
Love this game! Great to bring to N900!

I am having same "No More Scenarios" issue and also used App Manager to install game from Extras-Devel.

I noticed the dune files are in "Nokia N900/Games/DUNE2" and NOT "MyDocs/Games/DUNE2". Is that the issue?
"Nokia N900/Games/DUNE2" is the same as "MyDocs/Games/DUNE2", in the File manager application it is shown as "Nokia N900/Games/DUNE2" but in for example CuteExplorer it is shown as "MyDocs/Games/DUNE2"

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by sixracer View Post
MyDocs is mounted as "Nokia N900" when you attach it as mass storage and shown by the maemo5 file manager as N900: it's the same thing.

I tried this port a couple weeks ago and was having a lot of fun with it, but it randomly dies after a while. It started happening frequently enough by the 3rd or 4th map that i gave up on it for now.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
Originally Posted by S0urcerr0r View Post
maybe theres a int table somewhere... i guess it would be thousands of pages long though
I think interrupt tables have only ever been 256 entries long on x86 processors.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I would like to thank you for your interest in our project, however, I would reeaaallly appreciate it if you also inform us of your progress; as whatever bugs you find could also be useful for the rest of the project.

Kind regards,

Xaroth
Lead Manager OpenDUNE
www.opendune.org

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Xaroth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
I just ported OpenDUNE to N900.
If I would make any updates to it, I would certainly submit them upstream.

Let me thank you now, for all your hard work in getting DUNE II running on modern platforms.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Wellingborough, UK
Cant get past the flippin questions! But runs well on the first level!

http://duneii.com/special/ has some more info.

i get unable to install after installation and the game doesnt start. does this mean smoku has spitefully taken down the files needed? where can i get the files needed to play?cant believe i didnt install this earlier