Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by abuli View Post
No cant see my n9 at all. Problem is router or ps3
It's the router, the ps3 should pick it up, I use the oldest fat ps3 and it works with that well.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
My guess would be that your router is blocking some multicast stuff which lets the two devices effectively scan the network for each other. Log into it and have a look round to see if there's any option that jumps out.

Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
My guess would be that your router is blocking some multicast stuff which lets the two devices effectively scan the network for each other. Log into it and have a look round to see if there's any option that jumps out.
I have done that before this tread. I am here for som clues and hints. Thank you.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
can your N9 ping the PS3? can you ping the N9?

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
can your N9 ping the PS3? can you ping the N9?
yes and yes.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
The PS3 has huge problems with IGMP snooping enabled routers. I had to disable that on my router to make my PS3 see my dlna servers.
On some routers (like my Thomson) this option is hidden deep in the CLI and not visible in the WebGUI.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
The PS3 has huge problems with IGMP snooping enabled routers. I had to disable that on my router to make my PS3 see my dlna servers.
On some routers (like my Thomson) this option is hidden deep in the CLI and not visible in the WebGUI.
I am not sure what IGMP is. Only reference to it I find on my d link is multicast stream. On or of does not make any diffrence. It was of.