Active Topics

Notices

anyone else having issues with the browser user experience? its slow and the responsiveness is no where near as good as the one the n900 came with. i love my native browser im sticking to it until they fix these issues.

p.s
the thing freezes my phone as weel sometimes and yes i have the newest version installed.

I agree, its still not very usable compared to microB.
However got the impression that besides startup time it seems to be faster.
On the other side, I failed to sync it with my weave account. Anyone else having this issue?

Yup same here even the latest version Firefox.. got freeze couples of time too and slow. No as good as it claims.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Itīs slow also here.
- While page is loading whole browser stalls
- Misses swipes and taps
- No feedback if link you clicked is registered and next page is loading (like popup of addressbar)
- Kinetic scrolling hits its fastest speed too early. Should be faster when compared to microb.

Its a bit sad because I think that there is margin for making default browser even bit faster and then someone releases this kind of stuff as final product :|

BUT when it manages to load page and there is no issues then its quite nice browsing experience.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Not to mention the 30-40second startup time.. I'll be sticking to MicroB..

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
It's not garbage, If you don't like it, don't use it. Some developers put lots of time and effort in developing this browser, without being paid by Nokia and you call their work garbage? I think is a good start, and in time will probably catch up with MicroB.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
i'm loving it for sites that didn't render correctly in microb and once they correct few bugs and make it bit quicker it will be my default browser

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Thread moved and title adjusted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
The "Near Me" plugin is my current/only use for Firefox right now. Nice supplement for the microB, and better than the Google Maps/geolocation "workaround". I just wish that Near Me could produce more than 4-5 results.

It's not perfect by any means, but it's a good start, I hope the team behind it continue to work on and improve it. If the performance can be tweaked and improved, it'll be a real badge of honor to have Firefox on the machine.

Tags
application, browser, fennec, firefox, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, web browser