Active Topics

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
auouymous what a wonderful words have you wrote here... amazing!

But don't think that I know about good theming I am too lazy to learn how to make a really good stuff.

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
auouymous what a wonderful words have you wrote here... amazing!

But don't think that I know about good theming I am too lazy to learn how to make a really good stuff.
You made the theme that every n8x0 owner is using.

ASUI's theme support lets you change the color of various elements. What does GTK let you do to change the style of widgets? I know GTK also supports plugins that handle that actual drawing of widgets for more complex stuff but how do simple themes work, like Diablo5?

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Well yeah, but I was pissed off cuz of this *******s who was yelling "Oh n900 has so cool background!!! n8x0 sucks!"

Last edited by Kroll; 2011-09-23 at 11:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Huh? i still use one of the maemo4 themes. Can't be bothered to spend the storage space, and i kinda liked the sidebar anyways.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
Huh? i still use one of the maemo4 themes.
Ditto, but see below.

Can't be bothered to spend the storage space, and i kinda liked the sidebar anyways.
I do like the extra horizontal real estate, but I really can't stand the Fremantle look. I ended up doing just the following (both "borrowed" from Diablo5):
  • set Tasknavigator's X-Size-Height to 0 in home/user/.osso/hildon-desktop/desktop.conf
  • copied /usr/share/applications/hildon-navigator/switcher-menu.desktop to /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar/ in order to still get IM etc notifications

(and of course use telescope for app launching).

it's not perfect (eg visual glitches with window title bars and the task navigator looks a bit odd in the status bar) but good enough for me :-)

to still get IM etc notifications
Actually you can get it in Diablo5 too.
I've never spoke about it cuz nobody asked me 'bout it looong time.
So there is a BT-keyboard menu in Control Panel and there is a keybuilding to open default task switcher. Set your favorite keys to open it and you will see notifications as well.
Actually you can bind some other actions there as well: show desktop, open built-in launcher, etc.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Although I like the Diablo5 theme, I found that I had problems with some of the dialog boxes, and the overall size of the fonts.

I have switched back to Glasser, and it makes a refreshing change theme from Fremantle.

Yea, and it's easier on my eyes as well.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Actually you can get it in Diablo5 too.
I know, I stole it from the first post in that thread ;-)

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Although I like the Diablo5 theme, I found that I had problems with some of the dialog boxes, and the overall size of the fonts.

I have switched back to Glasser, and it makes a refreshing change theme from Fremantle.

Yea, and it's easier on my eyes as well.
Yep, glasser is my poison of choice. Only issue i have there is that screen rotation sometimes makes the in theme line between applets and "taskbar" move to the bottom corner. A couple more rotations will right it tho.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

@ mitrandir and anyone else who cares
I wrote down some ideas for the toolkit, what do you think? Anyone can edit that doc. GTK has a lot of features that probably shouldn't be in a tablet UI or should be handled differently and maybe some new features that GTK doesn't have.

@ mitrandir
Once upon a time I also wrote a UI toolkit with automatic layout so let me know what you need help with. The configuration windows for the dock on my desktop is still using it, 8 years later.

I should have some time this next week to write some code for it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post: