Is there a way to make fMobi or Sociality take over from the stock facebook app?

OR Qnuptunea taking over from the stock twitter app?

Such as opening up contacts facebook/twitter links OR when we click on something from the Feeds screen?

I would prefer fMobi to open up everything facebook related as it is just the most feature full facebook client we have for our phones ATM, although Sociality will most likely end up being the best when everything is finished!

This idea is similar to have a different default browser, possibility of a default facebook/twitter app to view tweets or friends statuses?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-08-14 at 16:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
There is no easy way.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
There is no easy way.
Was afraid that would be the answer

But it seems like there is a way, do you have an idea of what that way is? Without having to wait for a CSSU where we can just rip the stock facebook/twitter out of the OS and put a working client in their place?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Was afraid that would be the answer

But it seems like there is a way, do you have an idea of what that way is? Without having to wait for a CSSU where we can just rip the stock facebook/twitter out of the OS and put a working client in their place?
Its only software so everything is doable. Wait for xx years for someone to leak the source codes, and spend few months recoding all the xx places where the functionality is integrated. I would say that its never going to happen. But of course you have 0.0001% chance for it happening, and of course you can just binary patch xx places after you have spend few months reading/reverse engineering decompiled assembly codes.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Its only software so everything is doable. Wait for xx years for someone to leak the source codes, and spend few months recoding all the xx places where the functionality is integrated. I would say that its never going to happen. But of course you have 0.0001% chance for it happening, and of course you can just binary patch xx places after you have spend few months reading/reverse engineering decompiled assembly codes.
Ill just take that as a no then.

Have to see what CSSU brings, if there is a CSSU for the N9.

My Contributions

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
Socialty or fMobi can do this.Third party softwares can organize event feed (i mean adding something) but you can't do this via settings.Because that feature is connected to Nokia's facebook client.

But both of this softwares are cross-platform.So developers had to work on it to make it compatible with Harmattan's event feed.

The Following User Says Thank You to trayhoper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Sociality (MTF) is no way cross platform, the Harmattan version is a full UI rewrite in MeeGoTouchFramework, with some of the backend code carried over from Fremantle and hugely optimized.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Sociality (MTF) is no way cross platform, the Harmattan version is a full UI rewrite in MeeGoTouchFramework, with some of the backend code carried over from Fremantle and hugely optimized.
Yeah I thought so

My Contributions

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
No reason to be disappointed, it can integrate on the events view, but there are other parts to work on before that.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
No reason to be disappointed, it can integrate on the events view, but there are other parts to work on before that.
The events view isn't really my priority, I would just like Sociality to be able to handle all the facebook triggers from the rest of the OS.

Can't stand that poor excuse of a facebook client Nokia built in

My Contributions