Closed Thread
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
no it wontand itas not garunteed to work even with the hacked rootfs. you need to ignore all the force closes and do the adb steps then pull battery and reboot device once sql is done and it shouldn throw errors

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Hi,
finaly I installed android. yeah. thanks to all.
but if I turn on wifi, it says 'unable to scan for networks' and wifi turns of. Do you know a way making wlan workin?
If my n900 gets idle, the screen turns black and if I make an interaction (open keyboard, pressing power button) a terminal shows. Only after pressing the powerbutton I can slide to unlock the device. is it normal?

dabozz

Last edited by dabozz; 2010-06-22 at 14:28.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
does nitdroid have 3g/2.5 for internet yet? and were can i find the progress on this? thanks

dabozz, yes thats normal, reboot device to sort wifi (it wont work on first boot)

and cobra no it does not yet,

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Hi! I've followed this instruction - now I can dual boot android and maemo, but when android boots - after showing android logo I can see android home screen on the background, bit there are modal message "Power off - shutting down" and after a couple seconds my phone is powering off. Also I can interact with android elements on the background while message is on screen.

sounds like battery related that to me, check your batt is fully charged

Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
dabozz, yes thats normal, reboot device to sort wifi (it wont work on first boot)
After the reboot and turning wifi on, the android bootscreen shows up, and after hitting the powerbutton there is just the background of the desktop and the titlebar with grey wifi, battery and clock. hitting backslash causes no action.
I reproduced it a second time.

dabozz

hit ctrl/sym, theirs a app that gets stuck on boot, dont know why yet, but ctrl/sym should laod up

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
hit ctrl/sym, theirs a app that gets stuck on boot, dont know why yet, but ctrl/sym should laod up
Hitting ctrl/sym leads to the normal desktop, scanning leads to the samel problem.
reboot doesnt help
EDIT:
maybe its the nearly empty battery?
I'm going to charge it...

Last edited by dabozz; 2010-06-22 at 15:05.

delete the contents of the /data folder on ext3 and try again

Closed Thread