Notices

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Please implement a function to pause the music automaticly when headphones are plugged out.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Newcastle UK
Auto Pause when earphone is unplugged.

I this feature comes in very handy when recieving a call in a difficult cercumstances. Example, i was in a shop queuing and accidently pulled the earphone plug from the from the N900... the music was bluring out loud and i felt like a right ****. If it was the fruitphone that would not had happend, the music would have paused.

Ability to operate the Volume when screan is locked but listening to music.

Also why can't i operate the volume via the volum rocker even when the screen is locked.. Come on Nokia... basic stuff that makes a HUGE difference to percieved experience

Originally Posted by Techtertainment View Post

I this feature comes in very handy when recieving a call in a difficult cercumstances. Example, i was in a shop queuing and accidently pulled the earphone plug from the from the N900... the music was bluring out loud and i felt like a right ****. If it was the fruitphone that would not had happend, the music would have paused.

Also why can't i operate the volume via the volum rocker even when the screen is locked.. Come on Nokia... basic stuff that makes a HUGE difference to percieved experience
i like the idea of autopause but the volume its gonna be a problem if it were to be press accidentally somehow ... it would be nice if they would program it to where double click would unlock the volume that way accidental press would be at least prevent

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
JuHs,
if there is a brainstorm proposal please add the link to your starting post

else

Please create a proposal (Problem+Solution) at http://maemo.org/community/brainstorm/

Thank You

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-12 at 00:35.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hastings, East Sussex, UK
Deffinatly need some kind of a search function for Music.

It probably only display previews for certain file types.

I'm using Vuze to convert all my my videos and blu-ray movies. I can then stream them or copy them to my n900 directly. It has a preset for AppleTV Resolution which is pretty much bang on, res wise for the n900. It converts them to MP4's as well which the N900 seems to like the most.

So if you want a quick, simple universal converter its a good way to go.

i havent read the whole thread but would be surprised if nobody mentioned Gapless playback (seamless changes between tracks for live albums, etc, like a cd, or a rio karma, or winamp/foobar, or any ipod after 5th generation (although they do it as a hack).

and yes i am aware mp3 has frame size limitations, but lots of us listen to ogg and flac that handle gapless perfectly. rio karma also had no problem with making mp3s gapless, and had a fraction of the processor the n900 does.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
I would love to see the rating stars to allow user rating and filtering of music. If we display the stars the end user should be able to click on them to change the rating of the music on the device. There also should be sorting options to display the highest rated or non-rated music via the music sort options.

The Following User Says Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Techtertainment View Post

You should put it in bugzilla enhancements category since it's better to have this built in as a process than as an application.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
"Improving the Media player" is a topic too wide for the Brainstorm. Please follow the instructions at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33189 to create concrete proposals. Thank you!