Active Topics

Thanks! I misjudged you. Sorry

Its cool! None of the android guys really seem to care either.. I posted it over there and well, you guys just seem to care about getting wine going with qemu more then any place on the net. =)

I don't, like I mentioned I'm more into 386 linux binaries that very often run with 0.12.2 and was hoping more would with 14 or 15.

are you guys running qemu like this without a chroot for test?
./qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver
./qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe

with /usr/gnemul/qemu-i386/lib/ with posix libs from slackware?
same with /usr/gnemul/qemu-i386/usr/lib
and /usr/lib/wine

all with poxis stuff? Maybe thats why its griping about glib differences because were using different ELF interpreters.

X86 of course.. just posix x86 instead of ntpl x86.

one cries glibc missing, the other segfaults at start, what version of make/autoconf do you have? aapo is bringing some goodies in this matter to life

try running this...

strace -ff -o /test.log /usr/bin/qemu-i386 blah blah blah. just for fun.. it helped me once. Advice from the qemu launchpad.

gcc 4.4.1
make 3.81-6
pkg-config 0.22 ????
I loaded synaptic and surprising I have that checked and automake and autoconf unchecked...

PS. I remember sefaulting because it didnt like my ld.linux.so2.. try using the ld.linux.so2 thats supposed to be /usr/gnemul/qemu-i386/lib from my wine.tar.gz .. be sure to extract the tar in ext2/3 and not fat or it wont recreate the symlinks.. like I did. =)

I can reproduce it. It sefaulted for me on nptl ld.linux.so2 even with my nptl patch. Though I got it working eventually.. not nptl wine, but the nptl version of ld-linux.so2.. though ubuntu 11.04 segfaults for me no matter what..

Last edited by orokusaki; 2011-09-23 at 02:15.

what to do with wine.tar.gz www.onsitedentalsystems.com/wine.tar.gz

Move everything from bin into your /usr/bin (careful I have old qemu-i386 in there so maybe mv wine* /usr/bin)
Move gnemul to your /usr
Move wine folder to your /usr/lib so you have /usr/lib/wine

mkdir /user/.wine
unzip wine.zip /user/.wine
fix dosdevices.
cd /user/.wine/dosdevices
ln -s ../c_drive c:

*when I say fix dosdevices make it to where this is a valid path
/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows get it?
*my user is root so mkdir /root/.wine

then run
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe

See what happens.. what errors you get.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orokusaki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by orokusaki View Post
are you guys running qemu like this without a chroot for test?
./qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver
./qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe

with /usr/gnemul/qemu-i386/lib/ with posix libs from slackware?
same with /usr/gnemul/qemu-i386/usr/lib
and /usr/lib/wine

all with poxis stuff? Maybe thats why its griping about glib differences because were using different ELF interpreters.

X86 of course.. just posix x86 instead of ntpl x86.
chroot and suders and many other packages, first time I find a package that needs its own install/maintenance. None of your solutions work. Really sorry. Last binary was unrecognized by most, Midnght Commander indicated it as ELF 32 bit and then shut down. Are you sure these are armel builds?

I compiled it on my droid trust me its arm. Then copied it too my hp touchpad running webos and setup ubuntu chroot. Ran there too on a snapdragon.. so compiled on my droid a8 and moved to a qualcomm snapdragon....

I couldnt get a good cross-compile going so I gave up. First time I compiled without the --target-list and compiled all the processors.. Took HOURS. lol armv4l

Last edited by orokusaki; 2011-09-23 at 00:44.

I did find a post where a guy had to echo 2 < /proc/cpu/alignment or something for arm5, but I figure our phones have arm7 instruction sets..

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/739785

My goal was to compile a posix version of wine that was the same version as Damions and mine is his exact version of slackware and wine. For some reason I could get 0.12.5 working because I was using --enable-sdl but wine wont work for me past 0.12.5 with sdl turned on, and the author made sure to tell me that I dont need it. So --disable-sdl or just be sure it says no for SDL after you compile.. But I never got segfaults only a hang. I segfaulted when armel compiled qemu-i386 didnt like my x86 nptl ld-linux.so2 from ubuntu 11.04 but could run x86 nptl ld-linux.so2 from 9.10.. and lower.

You know its going to work when you see unsuported syscall 254 instead of 240. Thats what I know for sure.. For the posix wine. I figure we need posix wine working on 15.5 before worrying about a newer nptl version of wine...