Active Topics

Works on my droid 4. Just ran notepad... Droid 4 has binfmt compiled into the kernel... unlike cyanogenmod 7 and the droid1... I had to compile that in...

The HP Touchpad did not have binfmt_support..

If you do not have binfmt support and binfmt in the kernel, you will have to run wineserver first, then wine-pthread, every time you run an app.

If you do have binfmt, then you can do the directions on page5 and and echo and registry qemu and then you can run wine-pthread every time you run an app without having to run wineserver first.

I used my http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/wine.tar.gz

DO not upgrade to my 1.40 as it will not seem to run on my droid4.. Probably will run on my droid1... I remember for that I may have used the Arm ToolChain from a site you download.

Directions I used for wine.tar.gz if you do not have binfmt
what to do with wine.tar.gz

Move everything from bin into your /usr/bin
Move gnemul to your /usr
Move wine folder to your /usr/lib so you have /usr/lib/wine

mkdir /user/.wine
unzip wine.zip /user/.wine
fix dosdevices.
cd /user/.wine/dosdevices
ln -s ../c_drive c:

*when I say fix dosdevices make it to where this is a valid path
/root/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows get it?
*my user is root so mkdir /root/.wine

then run
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wineserver
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe

See what happens.. what errors you get.

Dont forget the files you copy into /usr/bin must be executable
chmod 755 wine*

Dont forget you may need to export display
=============================================
If you do have binfmt
mount -t binfmt_misc none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc
echo ':i386:M::\x7fELF\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\ x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x03:\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\x fe\xfe\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\xff\xfb\xff \xff:/home/user/qemu-i386:' >/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc/register

then you can just do
/usr/bin/qemu-i386 /usr/bin/wine-pthread notepad.exe
everytime.

These are my notes.

Last edited by orokusaki; 2012-10-10 at 12:41.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orokusaki For This Useful Post:
HOW TO COMPILE ON ARM AND UBUNTU 12.04

This will run wine if you compile with 0.13 or 0.14

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev
./configure --target-list=i386-linux-user --enable-sdl --prefix=/usr --cross-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabi- --host-cc=gcc4.6 --extra-cflags=-marm --cpu=armv4l
make
sudo make install

Works great on Droid4 with Ubuntu 12.04 Chroot.

Last edited by orokusaki; 2012-10-13 at 20:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orokusaki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
one cries glibc missing, the other segfaults at start, what version of make/autoconf do you have? aapo is bringing some goodies in this matter to life
What was the solution to this? I'm using the files from the wine.tar.gz archive, and have gcc, make and pkg-config installed (though slightly different versions) as suggested. I'm using orokusaki's instructions in the post above.

Originally Posted by Gamgigo View Post
What was the solution to this? I'm using the files from the wine.tar.gz archive, and have gcc, make and pkg-config installed (though slightly different versions) as suggested. I'm using orokusaki's instructions in the post above.
Don't think I found any solution. The only 386 binaries I managed to run were linux ones with quite old qemu (search tmo for 'ADOM' for a tar.gz containing those)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi,

can I use the qemu-i386 from the wine package to start a kolibri os floppy image? And do I have to set vnc option to get the display?

/opt/bin/qemu-i386 -fda /kolibri.img -m 8 -vnc :0

and then vncviewer on maemo to 127.0.0.1?

Originally Posted by baggacfreak View Post
Hi,

can I use the qemu-i386 from the wine package to start a kolibri os floppy image? And do I have to set vnc option to get the display?

/opt/bin/qemu-i386 -fda /kolibri.img -m 8 -vnc :0

and then vncviewer on maemo to 127.0.0.1?
You would probably need to try with qemu-system-i386 Not sure if it is on the repo, you might have to compile it yourself

The Following User Says Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi,

thanks for the reply whats the difference between qemu qemu-i386 and qemu-system-i386? I would not mind if it works with vnc server because if mouse does not work out of the box perhaps via pc mouse will work.

CU!

http://kolibrios.org/en/download.htm if anyone once to help me set up kolibri os with qemu xD

Last edited by baggacfreak; 2013-03-12 at 13:45.

Originally Posted by baggacfreak View Post
Hi,

thanks for the reply whats the difference between qemu qemu-i386 and qemu-system-i386? I would not mind if it works with vnc server because if mouse does not work out of the box perhaps via pc mouse will work.

CU!

http://kolibrios.org/en/download.htm if anyone once to help me set up kolibri os with qemu xD
qemu-i386 runs in user-mode, meaning that the only thing it does is translate instructions from one architecture to another; this means that software such as wine can be run, but it will run on the same kernel and hardware you are currently running.
qemu-system-i386 emulates a whole set of harware, so you can 'boot' the virtual machine from the floppy image and it will run its own OS on virtualized hardware.

Hope that helps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pablocrossa For This Useful Post: