Posts: 26 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Argentina
I need nat & redirect capabilities, but i can't flash a unsigned kernel (simlocked phone).
Can nat & redirect support be compiled as a kernel modules to load them later with open sudo ?

Last edited by gdelca5; 2014-06-12 at 00:26.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gdelca5 View Post
I need nat & redirect capabilities, but i can't flash a unsigned kernel (simlocked phone).
Can nat & redirect support be compiled as a kernel modules to load them later with open sudo ?
Unfortunately no, as they depend on certain kernel options being set on the kernel at compile time.

I did not know that N9 was ever sold as simlocked. Have you asked your operator to remove the simlock, I think they are obliged to do that (even though they might charge 10 euros for it...)

How about wiping the device with "--erase-user-data=secure" as that might also clear the simlock?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Unfortunately no, as they depend on certain kernel options being set on the kernel at compile time.

I did not know that N9 was ever sold as simlocked. Have you asked your operator to remove the simlock, I think they are obliged to do that (even though they might charge 10 euros for it...)

How about wiping the device with "--erase-user-data=secure" as that might also clear the simlock?
Uhhh!, ****.
I'm waiting for request to my operator the unlock code for free, and then going to try wiping too.

Thanks!.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Some users on the NITDroid forums report that even though their phones were unlocked (through a shady unlocking service or officially through the carrier), it refuses to flash unsigned images and bombs out. This may be a bug that will never be fixed

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
i suppose a full nand dump ...
but, not sure how to put that back on device

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
If you use search in the forum you can find howto bruteforce the simlocked N9 (Although you should just ask the unlock code from your operator, as that is easier).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Some users on the NITDroid forums report that even though their phones were unlocked (through a shady unlocking service or officially through the carrier), it refuses to flash unsigned images and bombs out. This may be a bug that will never be fixed
When sailfish's image from n9 came out, some users with a branded n9 successfully flashed a non signed kernel.
It seems like some hw. rev. can do it and others dont.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
If you use search in the forum you can find howto bruteforce the simlocked N9 (Although you should just ask the unlock code from your operator, as that is easier).
If the bruteforce is about disconnecting the cable in the middle of the flashing. I tested it and nope.

After reading (a lot) about this:
I have little hope with the unlock code from the operator. It's only seems to change the LOCK STATE of the simlock, but the issue with unsigned images persists.

Here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609...nlock-1558823/, talks about "..For SL3 Phones unlocked via LBF or Code, you can only change the LOCK STATE
and you cannot change the Simlock Table like SL1 and SL2 phones..."

My two hopes:
* "...There is a way to flash Custom Firmware (android etc) to simlocked N9, but it is not
covered by ATF Software...." still not found

*2ndboot
i have not the skills to do it myself yet.
(even still can't get a working scratchbox. arggggh!)

Last edited by gdelca5; 2014-07-18 at 02:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to gdelca5 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
After reading (a lot) about this:
I have little hope with the unlock code from the operator. It's only seems to change the LOCK STATE of the simlock, but the issue with unsigned images persists.

Here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f609...nlock-1558823/, talks about "..For SL3 Phones unlocked via LBF or Code, you can only change the LOCK STATE
and you cannot change the Simlock Table like SL1 and SL2 phones..."
So did you already ask for the lock code from your operator and try it, or are you only thinking it might not work since you read the above information?

My two hopes:
* "...There is a way to flash Custom Firmware (android etc) to simlocked N9, but it is not
covered by ATF Software...." still not found
I don't know anything about this, except that of course there's at least two ways of doing that, but both of those would require access to external HW equipment to do it...

*2ndboot
i have not the skills to do it myself yet.
(even still can't get a working scratchbox. arggggh!)
This has nothing to do with N9 and cannot help you if you cannot flash the device with non-signed kernel; how are you planning to get the 2ndboot kernel into use if unable to flash it?

hmmh, just thought of something, if you cannot flash an unsigned image, how about loading an unsigned image and jumpstarting it?
Of course that means that every time you want to boot the device, you'd need to jumpstart it again

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Of course that means that every time you want to boot the device, you'd need to jumpstart it again
That's how life was like for Motorola device owners with locked bootloaders pre-"security audit".

2ndboot was interesting, if only because it was a very fun hack. Once Android was rooted, as root you could load modules, and kernel modules can execute kernel code

It then manually reset all devices to known states, threw a prayer and called kexec()!

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
It then manually reset all devices to known states, threw a prayer and called kexec()!
Ah that one!

I did not remember it yesterday but I actually started tinkering with that when it lookd like I had hit the wall with ubiboot back in -13...

Turned round it was not needed after all.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
kernel-plus