Finally kernel-power version v52 is now in Extras!

Update (from old version):
Use Hildon Application Manager or via apt-get. If you have Multiboot installed look bellow.

Installation:
From Hildon Application Manager install package: Linux kernel for power user
Or via apt-get package: kernel-power-flasher

Multiboot support (dropped):
Multiboot support for kernel-power was dropped because Multiboot damaging internal nand memory. If you are going to upgrade from kernel-power v51 to v52, first uninstall Multiboot and (optionally) switch to U-Boot. Then upgrade to kernel-power v52. Otherwise you can have problems and full reflash will be needed (due to Multiboot which damaging Maemo system).

Overclock support (optional):
From Hildon Application Manager install package: Linux kernel for power user (settings and overclock)
Or via apt-get package: kernel-power-settings

U-Boot support (optional):
From Hildon Application Manager install packages: U-Boot with kernel 2.6.28-omap1 and Linux kernel for power user (boot image for U-Boot)
Or via apt-get packages: u-boot-flasher and kernel-power-bootimg
Make sure you accept flashing U-Boot!

Packet injection wifi driver:
Kernel modules are already included and installed in /opt/packet-injection-modules/2.6.28.10-power52/
To load/unload it use shell script: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pal...t-injection.sh

BME replacement support:
This kernel has support for BME replacement (open source battery management). Will be announced...

New USB host mode:
This kernel has support for new usb host mode package USB Mode version 1.0-4. More info in this thread.

Uninstallation:
Overclock support or Bootimg package can be uninstalled via Hildon Application Manager or via apt-get. Uninstalling kernel itself is possible only via menu entry "Nokia Kernel". NEVER UNINSTALL KERNEL POWER PACKAGES!!! IT CAN MAKE YOUR DEVICE UNBOOTABLE.

===

Changelog:

kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power52) fremantle; urgency=low

* Backport upstream patch: udf-use-hw-sector-size.diff (This fix UDF FS support on SD cards and USB disks)
* Update bq2415x_charger patch: (use kstrtol, use dev_dbg, call sysfs_notify, rename N900 charger to bq24150a, fix reporting bad values, disable charging when charger disconnected, report errors)
* Added patch kstrtol.diff which define macro kstrtol as strict_strtol
* Update into about kernel-power-bootimg package
* Package kernel-power-bootimg does not provide any features
* Enable more netfilter and ipv6 modules
* Added driver rx51_battery which export battery temperature, design capacity and voltage to sysfs, provides: kernel-feature-rx51-battery
* Added patch tif_restore_sigmask-syscalls-arm.patch which fix pselect bug, added provides: kernel-feature-sigmask
* Enable bridge module, provides kernel-feature-bridge
* bq27x00_battery: Do not report nominal available capaciy if battery is not calibrated
* Add sysfs entry hostdevice2 which show host device speed detected by musb_virthub.c
* Optify bootimg package
* Enable vlan (8021q) module
* Fix reporting temperature in rx51_battery driver (driver should export temperature in 1/10 °C)
* Add support for offline mode in bq2415x_charger driver

-- Pali Rohár <hidden> Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:34:58 +0100

===

For questions about development, bugs, etc... write to thread
[Development] kernel-power on http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78371
Here is also information how to compile kernel, send patches, ...

Last edited by pali; 2020-10-02 at 23:19.

The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
So, kernel power should conflict with multiboot

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2013-04-19 at 14:20.

what are the exact steps to completly uninstall multiboot? im using it for android.

Last edited by crail; 2013-04-18 at 13:34.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
how to uninstall multiboot and add uboot without my current nitdroid and maemo duel boot???????

please explain.....any1

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
So, kernel power should conflict with multiboot
I think that's more of a "soft" conflict. Nothing prevents you from using multiboot with kernel-power. Kernel-power is just a kernel, and obviosuly multiboot's task is to flash kernels, so they are inherently compatible.

(Multiboot only requires an initial kernel [LABEL HERE] able to run /sbin/preinit and the capability to flash a kernel like [GOTO HERE]).

Another issue is that Pali, and other people, don't like the fact that multiboot flashes a kernel every time you boot (or everytime you select a new kernel), because the number of writes to the raw NAND partition containing the kernel is limited.

Plus U-boot is much better and more elegant. But that's besides the point. In short: I would be strongly against adding dependencies or conflicts unless there's a real technical need for it.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
usb host and charging cheers

i uninstalled multiboot, installed kernel flasher, settings via apt-get (it said already latest version). then i installed uboot flasher and bootimg via apt-get. bootimg was also already latest and uboot successfully flashed. now i cannot boot my phone, its into reboot loop, the attached image zImage-2.6.28-omap1 not booting. what to do next?

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@praveenchand,

Something tells me that you forgot to install the kernel-modules. Normally the attached kernel should work OK (nobody/nothing deletes the stock modules, AFAIK).

It could be that the multiboot uninstallation removed /sbin/preinit, leaving your system unbootable. But I don't know (never used multiboot).

I guess it's time to reflash.. unless you want to use some "rescue" system off an SD card (thanks U-boot you can still boot from the microSD card

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
@reinob how to boot from SD, where to get the kernel image, please...
After that i think i can download module again without reflash right?

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

it looks like that uninstallation of multiboot sometimes working and sometimes broke system. But I really cannot do anything with multiboot. This is reason why support by kernel-power was dropped.

@praveenchand:
You can download kernel-modules from deb package:
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae...+0m5_armel.deb
Unpack it with:
dpkg -x kernel-modules_2.6.28-20103103+0m5_armel.deb deb
and you will have all modules in dir deb/lib/modules/
Then you can boot RescueOS and via ftp load all those modules to n900 rootfs
If you do not have /sbin/preinit, download it from gitorious https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...9f0ece/preinit and again use rescueos ftp to save it to n900 rootfs.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
kernel, kernel-power, kernel-power52