Active Topics

Poll: Your opinion????
Poll Options
Your opinion????

Due to the isp provider I have and the only wireless router that they have provided me I am not able to use VNC to connect to any of my computers.
I have installed Ubuntu in my PS3 would like my N900 to act as a mouse (touchscreen as a touch pad) and keyboard (built in hardware keyboard).
Is this something doable?
Concept:
i.) Connect PS3 and N900 using Bluetooth.
ii.) Fire up an app that will make PS3 think that the touch screen on the N900 is a trackpad and hardware keyboard is a keyboard. {pretty much like using N900 as an HID(Human Interface Device)}

There is an application called Bluemaemo that causes the N900 to appear as a Bluetooth HID. I can connect it to my Ubuntu laptop and use the screen as a touchpad and the HW keyboard as a *gasp* keyboard.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2010-12-14 at 01:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
it is not available in extras are the version in testing and devel safe enough?

I've been using it for a while and it works fine. I haven't noticed any ill-effects. If you want to use the keyboard, you need easy-debian installed though.

so within the bluemaemo it wont let me slide the keyboard and use keyboard and touchpad at the same time?

Sorry about the late reply. Yes you can use the keyboard and touchpad at the same time.

After launching BlueMaemo, go to terminal and type in "fixkbdfocus bluemaemo".

Then go to the mouse option (I think) and then it should work.

Tags
n900 as hid, ubuntu, ubuntu on ps3