Hi all, sorry that i'm new to the forums but hope to be around here much more now im thinking of crossing over to the darkside of linux on my mobile, just thought I would let everyone know that you can now get the N900 for £479 which is probably better than even getting it as a group buy. Group buy price is like £419+VAT.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-...archtype=genre

Kin regards

Phil

The Following User Says Thank You to pwannell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pwannell View Post
Hi all, sorry that i'm new to the forums but hope to be around here much more now im thinking of crossing over to the darkside of linux on my mobile, just thought I would let everyone know that you can now get the N900 for £479 which is probably better than even getting it as a group buy. Group buy price is like £419+VAT.

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-...archtype=genre

Kin regards

Phil
You can get it direct from Nokia's shop for £20 more.

Weigh up £20 versus earlier delivery. (Play.com have let me down a few times with the speed of deliveries. I know I'd get horribly fustrated waiting a week while play receive their shipment and then post it on from Jersey)
Also you would be guaranteed a UK model. Its possible they would get euro models in stock which doesn't matter too much and is unlikely but something to consider.
Would take more than a £20 subsidy for me to not go direct.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
It says due for release 19/10/09..... 19th!!! Oh my dear god, I can't wait that long!

Originally Posted by DannStarr View Post
It says due for release 19/10/09..... 19th!!! Oh my dear god, I can't wait that long!
And Nokia Shop says expect delivery in 3-4 weeks which is around 03-10 October. Play.com will probably receive shipment at this time, and then post it on from Jersey to get their tax work around. The only time they get things on time is pre-ordered games/music/film. Everything else seems to take a good 4-5 days and has me looking out for the delivery all the time .