Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Hate to be bringer of bad news, but as the title says, Elop says in interview on todays "Helsingin Sanomat" that N9 will be the last Meego phone even if its succesfull.

Released only to be excuse for killing Meego.

Google translation (propably gibberish)

Last edited by Rauha; 2011-06-23 at 12:19. Reason: Whining and crying

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
can someone who can read in the native language confirm ?

if so, lol a mass market phone with now officially no support from the vendor - this means 0 commercial apps post release and no buy in from 3rd party devs.

and with no geek factor appeal - alot of the community support flies out the window

hey at least Elop has the decently to say up front there is no support lol thats an improvement up from the n900

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I can't say why, but i'm not really surprised.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Yeah,

Remember that Elop chosed to jump into icy waters from the burning platform. Even when there is helicopter ready to save him.

Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
can someone who can read in the native language confirm ?
I can confirm this. It's all over the Finnish webzines which all quote Helsingin Sanomat -interview. Though I don't find this Elop's direct declaration from the original Helsingin Sanomat -article. Maybe it's in the paper version. Gotta check.

Last edited by Ministeri; 2011-06-23 at 05:52.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
Face-****ing-palm.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post

I can confirm this. It's all over the Finnish webzines which all quote Helsingin Sanomat -interview. Though I don't find this Elop's direct declaration from the original Helsingin Sanomat -article. Maybe it's in the paper version. Gotta check.
On-line articles of HS are allways very truncated. I'll check the print version on my lunch break, but MTV3 is very reliable source. I'm basicly sure that they are quoting the print version reliably.

conspiracies abound lol

wonder if the n9 was forceably moved towards a mass market direction by Elop with him knowing he will make this annoucement

if the n9 was kept in its n950 form factor, then it will live on as a geek device with community support

in this mass market form factor, geeks are not interested and its much less likely it will get critical mass community support.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
I believe that Elop gave this statement now, because he saw that N9 is gathering huge amounts of support behind it.

He was a Microsoft Man and he still is. He saw that Meego would threaten the Windows Phone. Meego being a marginal platform and still probably would sold more. Even without proper ecosystem.

Nokia's Board of Directors should use its powers to turn back Elop's strategies proven to be a huge failure.

Last edited by Ministeri; 2011-06-23 at 06:00.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
fcking elop sh*t bit8ch w*nker! he was probably worried about all the positive feedback N9 is getting from all over the internet. To kill all the enthusiasm, he said this but damn! how can Nokia let this guy fck up big time. I mean come on Meego_Harmattan is Nokia's own creation. WHY PUT IT DOWN THIS WAY? when millions of people are craving for it. FCK ELOP n MSFT with their shitty tiled blocky text riddled never ending panoramic scroll OS.

GRRRRRR!!!!!!! ELOP probably scaring away all the developers who might be interested in creating apps for N9

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to zb88 For This Useful Post:
Great.

I may not have liked the phone hardware (could be little better, have FMTX and stuff), but the software looks beautiful.

I can't see why any SANE person would drop that for WP7... I think it is too much to ask the trojan horse that is Elop. He is trying so hard to keep the shares low so Microsoft can buy Nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jotoco For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse, elopocalypse, insanity, makesnosense, trojan