Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
#1
Guys,
I have all my apps, themes, wallpaper, icons etc in a folder "N900" MyDocs/.documents/N900. I thought a bright idea to move the folder one path up (shorter) MyDocs/N900.
Since doing so I don't see that folder in windows explorer any more (wasn't expect that). Is it possible to make it visable when plugged in via usb?

Stephen
 
b666m's Avatar
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 468 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
#2
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Guys,
I have all my apps, themes, wallpaper, icons etc in a folder "N900" MyDocs/.documents/N900. I thought a bright idea to move the folder one path up (shorter) MyDocs/N900.
Since doing so I don't see that folder in windows explorer any more (wasn't expect that). Is it possible to make it visable when plugged in via usb?

Stephen
open up xterm, type in "cd MyDocs", then "ln -s .documents/N900 N900".

(:
 
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,402 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
#3
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Guys,
I have all my apps, themes, wallpaper, icons etc in a folder "N900" MyDocs/.documents/N900. I thought a bright idea to move the folder one path up (shorter) MyDocs/N900.
Since doing so I don't see that folder in windows explorer any more (wasn't expect that). Is it possible to make it visable when plugged in via usb?
It should still be visible. If you're using mass storage mode then it'll be in the root of the mapped drive, and if you're using PC Suite mode then it should be in the Data directory.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
#4
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
open up xterm, type in "cd MyDocs", then "ln -s .documents/N900 N900".

(:
b666m,
Mate I tried as suggested and got /bin/sh: In: not found
/home/user/MyDocs #

I am pretty sure I typed it all correctly. What is this mean to do, I assume it didn't work.
 
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,402 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
#5
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
b666m,
Mate I tried as suggested and got /bin/sh: In: not found
/home/user/MyDocs #

I am pretty sure I typed it all correctly. What is this mean to do, I assume it didn't work.
It's meant to create a symbolic link, but that won't work as MyDocs is FAT32 and doesn't support symlinks.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
#6
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It should still be visible. If you're using mass storage mode then it'll be in the root of the mapped drive, and if you're using PC Suite mode then it should be in the Data directory.
Rob,
Thanks for the reply mate. I don't understand the folder structuring, sorry. In PC Suite it use to show under documents so I expected/ assumed it would show one path up and be in the home directory with documents, data, images etc. You are correct and did know to look in data for it, it is there.
I don't usually use mass storage as I often don't get the phone visable, i think it often assigns it a drive already allocated.
Not to worry, I now know where it is.

Thank you both for the quick replies, much appreciated.
 
b666m's Avatar
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 468 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
#7
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It's meant to create a symbolic link, but that won't work as MyDocs is FAT32 and doesn't support symlinks.
$%"$... forgotten that. hmpf. :/
 
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
#8
Not to worry, solved the issue of not knowing where to find it, lol
Thanks guys
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:16.