Poll: Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)
Poll Options
Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I woke up this morning at 06:32 (as shown by the clock on the other side of the bed), but my TOHOLED clock showed 06:17. Also, the notification LED was blinking to indicate a new email but an envelope was not displayed on the OLED. Unlocking and locking the phone solved both issues. Wha' happa?

Also, "bump" on my above request to add "restart daemon" to the TOHOLED settings UI menu

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
restart is done, not yet published...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Spain
My TOHOLED doesn't display email icon when I receive a new email since I've updated Sailfish to 2.0.2.51.
Anyone has same issue?

Last edited by carmenluci; 2016-09-13 at 07:44.

Where did you get 2.0.2.5?
I am on 2.0.2.51 and the email icon works for me as it should.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Where did you get 2.0.2.5?
I am on 2.0.2.51 and the email icon works for me as it should.
Sorry, I wanted to say 2.0.2.51. Fixed
Thanks for your answer, maybe my toholed is damaged

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by carmenluci View Post
Thanks for your answer, maybe my toholed is damaged
I think that is unlikely; as you well can see the whole dispaly is a dot matrix, there is absolutely no possibility that the HW could break in such a way that just the "email envelope" icon is missing

I think it is highly likely that for some reason in your device the DBUS message signalling for new mail received does not correctly get caught by the toholed driver.

Ask for help on freenode channel ##kimmoli-tohs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
It might be worth noting that the email icon in TOHOLED appears only for any new emails. It disappears once you open the Email app. If you have 4 accounts and 10 new emails spread across all 4, opening just one of them clears the icon, even though you still have unread emails in the other accounts.

Also, I have just performed some experiments and have indeed observed that the icon does not appear for every new email. It definitely appears sometimes but I have to experiment a bit more to find the pattern.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I think that is unlikely; as you well can see the whole dispaly is a dot matrix, there is absolutely no possibility that the HW could break in such a way that just the "email envelope" icon is missing

I think it is highly likely that for some reason in your device the DBUS message signalling for new mail received does not correctly get caught by the toholed driver.

Ask for help on freenode channel ##kimmoli-tohs
I think the same, it's not a HW problem. I will ask to kimmoli from freenode channel, thanks

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It might be worth noting that the email icon in TOHOLED appears only for any new emails. It disappears once you open the Email app. If you have 4 accounts and 10 new emails spread across all 4, opening just one of them clears the icon, even though you still have unread emails in the other accounts.

Also, I have just performed some experiments and have indeed observed that the icon does not appear for every new email. It definitely appears sometimes but I have to experiment a bit more to find the pattern.
It is not my case, the email icon doesn't display and I didn't open Email app.

I've noticed that icon is displayed one or two seconds, and then it disappears

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I noticed you asked about it yesterday on ##kimmoli-tohs, only you were bit quick to leave the channel... Kimmo appeared online about 2 hours after you left.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla toh, toholed