Notices

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
I know most of you want a .deb file, but I'm not there yet. I still need directions on building/maintaining it from z2n. This is not stopping me from continuing development.

Here is what will be in the next stable release.

1) Native login ( no browser weirdness, will probably run under the 770 as well ) - DONE

2) Bigger display, Fullscreen support ( all 2 lines needed to get it working ), Keyboard accelerators - DONE

3) 7 Digit dialing - just need to wire up the UI to the variable

4) Callback number changing. - just need to wire up the UI

At this point I'm just tweaking the UI so that everything works. The app will prompt you, when needed, for credentials. Settings will include the callback number as well as default area code prepended to 7-digit dialing.

Below is a screen cap from glade-3, but it should give you an idea of how KISS this will still be.
Attached Images

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
The new screenshot looks great! The only small complaint I have is that the text on the buttons is REALLY small... It just looks out of proportion to the rest of the UI.

Looking forward to the new features, though. Good job on this!

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
The new screenshot looks great! The only small complaint I have is that the text on the buttons is REALLY small... It just looks out of proportion to the rest of the UI.
One I get it fully back together I'll drop in customized labels so that the number is bigger and bold with the letters underneath. It looks more in proportion when it's running on the Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
hey, before I flash to Diablo, should I be worried about this dialer not working afterwards?

Originally Posted by paps View Post
hey, before I flash to Diablo, should I be worried about this dialer not working afterwards?
As far as I know there is not reason it would not run. As long as python can be installed it should run. Hell at this point it's a few lines away from running on windows as well.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Long Island NY
gonna try this again as no one answered my question 1st time (best I can tell) and I was first to find the busy signal bug.

When I update to .5 the app disappears from extras directory. Any help?

Originally Posted by bg4 View Post
I'm having the same problem. I had to downgrade to .4

Originally Posted by paps View Post
Currently using ver. 0.4 after the Diablo upgrade.

The Following User Says Thank You to dkwatts For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
One I get it fully back together I'll drop in customized labels so that the number is bigger and bold with the letters underneath. It looks more in proportion when it's running on the Nokia.
I just want to add my thanks for the app and for your interest in user feedback and usability in general. I am looking forward to using the upgrade when you release a .deb.

Originally Posted by bg4 View Post
gonna try this again as no one answered my question 1st time (best I can tell) and I was first to find the busy signal bug.

There was a problem with the 0.5 release which resulted when two developers were working on it simultaneously (z2n and Brontide). Brontide is making significant improvements to the application, and is getting near to releasing the updated version. See his recent posts in this tread for details.

In the meantime, you are best off reinstalling a prior version (0.4 seems to work for some people, but I think requires that you close and reopen it each time you want to make a new call, due to the concatenation/busy signal issue), or waiting for a little while until Brontide and z2n can complete the new version.