Active Topics

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Cracow, Poland
I primarily use FreeBSD at home and would like to use it also on N900. Is it even possible? I know there is ongoing development for FreeBSD on arm and NetBSD must support it (well, it supports just about anything), so I presume it IS possible to install it on minisd?

The Following User Says Thank You to pkubaj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Someone ported u-boot recently. http://al.robotfuzz.com/~al/maemo/u-boot/ and take it from there?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Someone ported u-boot recently. http://al.robotfuzz.com/~al/maemo/u-boot/ and take it from there?
That's amazing!

I pretty much expect the answer, but just in case: do you know of any similar efforts for the RX-34/RX-44/RX-48 boards?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
That's amazing!

I pretty much expect the answer, but just in case: do you know of any similar efforts for the RX-34/RX-44/RX-48 boards?
Yes, but it's made difficult by the framebuffer requiring manual updates. I plan to test it out with my serial jig for RX-44 to move ahead the work.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Yes, but it's made difficult by the framebuffer requiring manual updates. I plan to test it out with my serial jig for RX-44 to move ahead the work.
I wish I knew how to make one of those.... I take it USB console isn't working yet either? Is this available somewhere where curious people can have a look?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Whats up on the port now

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Sepahan
Hi,
This is my favorite project.
Can anyone port NetBSD on N900?