Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
is there any chances of rejection of this deal by regulatories ? or anyone else ? sorry if it sounds too noob.
Investors together can act and say price is too low..... Regulators, WP sorry Nokia sales are so low .....

The Following User Says Thank You to Wallace For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
<honestly and without any sarcasm>

I'm in awe of Ballmer and Elop. This was one the most brilliantly executed corporate takeovers in the whole history of capitalism.

This should be taught in business schools around the world for decades to come. Flawless excution.
I agree with you. That damn Elop, he was a trojan horse from the beginning until now... the end. He has never worked for Nokia, in fact only for Microsoft to destroy Nokia from inside. He and his stupid explanations about why Nokia decided to choose Windows Phone instead of Android or Android and Symbian / Maemo / Meego. Nokia was doomed and in the hands of Microsoft since this guy was named CEO of the company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
If you'd click on the box for S&P 500 and the Dow you'd see greater market factors at work from 2007 until Elop took over. From then on NOK consistently lost value while the market was in rebound
The chart clearly shows: NOKIA was on a downward slope before Elop. He could not reverse the drop. Actually it was his predecessor that presided over the largest drop in value.

Originally Posted by lumiaman View Post
i am curious what the phones will be called. They are bound to change the name too.
mo(c)kia ???

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
It's a blues: Nobody knows you, when you're down and out.
Bye Nokia.
Proud to use the last prElop Nokia N9.

The end.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Wellll...if you look at it in a big picture, Olli-pekka presided over the largest stock drop, and it has been steadily dropping with Olli-Pekka and without him.......so the board decided to axe it.
Have you looked at NOKIA's accounts for the relevant time period to see the cause?

For example if you look at NOKIA's accounts for 2009 and 2010 it was NSN and NAVTEQ that were making the losses.

NSN made an operating loss of EUR 1.64 billion in 2009 and EUR 636 million in 2010.
NAVTEQ made an operating loss of 344 million in 2009 and 225 million in 2010.

Devices and services on the other hand made an operating profit of EUR 3.3 billion in 2009 and the same again in 2010.

If I look up NOKIA's accounts for the previous years what will I find, Lumiaman? Are you just giving us cherry picked snippets you've found that happen to support your prejudiced position? My bet is that you are.

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
The chart clearly shows: NOKIA was on a downward slope before Elop. He could not reverse the drop. Actually it was his predecessor that presided over the largest drop in value.
Notice Your new name is Microsoftman. Maybe You like it?

There is MS forums, bye...

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Lumia is the name (an old word) of a prostitute
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Notice Your new name is Microsoftman. Maybe You like it?
Prostituteman?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
And yet Nokia keeps the patents and the research in that field. I'm not sure Nokia has given up on mobile. Maybe they're "waiting" until the market moves again.
Quite conspiratorial idea I had recently: with the HTC-Jolla rumours (China supposedly declaring in March overreliability on Google/Apple/or any US company for that matter being bad, Jolla aiming for China from Nov last year and now Snowden revelations kickstarting/fueling such thinking), what if this is just the tip of an iceberg? If EU bans ios/android/wp from governmental institutions and decides to invest in US-spying-free platform? It will have to be opensource (well, doesn't have to be, but seeing how developing a whole platform from start is a few years long process and possible backdoors planted as sloppy code with all the hacker competitions seems quite easy/likely, having the whole populace being able to review code vs appointed body seems to be the only way), it will have to be EU based, we might just see Nokia revival. Of course Jolla could grab that anti-US market, now that only US based and south-korean with huge ties to defense department companies are left. US spying scandal could kickstart a mobile revolution

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
Have you looked at NOKIA's accounts for the relevant time period to see the cause?

For example if you look at NOKIA's accounts for 2009 and 2010 it was NSN and NAVTEQ that were making the losses.

NSN made an operating loss of EUR 1.64 billion in 2009 and EUR 636 million in 2010.
NAVTEQ made an operating loss of 344 million in 2009 and 225 million in 2010.

Devices and services on the other hand made an operating profit of EUR 3.3 billion in 2009 and the same again in 2010.

If I look up NOKIA's accounts for the previous years what will I find, Lumiaman? Are you just giving us cherry picked snippets you've found that happen to support your prejudiced position? My bet is that you are.
I am showing you a 10 year data for stocks, and you are telling me cherry picking????

What it shows is exactly the opposite of what you are saying. It shows that investors DID NOT HAVE FAITH in devices and services, no matter how much profit was made, because after 2007/2008, with iOS and Android marching on, investors fled to future platforms, not same old Symbian. Everyone knew that NOKIA lost the battle in 2007, and the stock slide shows nice association. Investors also didnt see a platform to replace it and it was on a steady decline, with some plateauing after Elop Lumias started showing some sign of life. Stop reading Tomi Ahooole crap blogs. He is partly the problem for pre-Elop NOKIA mess.

Tags
espionage, trojan man