Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK

This is a little app I've been working on over the past few months on and off. Currently its' most notable features are NMEA data streaming over network, bluetooth or as a USB serial device.

More screen shots at: http://stage.rubyx.co.uk/columbus/index.html

It's available in extras-devel now, stay tuned for updates and let me know what you want feature wise or bugs you find here.

(Enjoy! MERRY CHRISTMAS)

The Following 113 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
1ion, aenbacka, AlMehdi, anapospastos, Aonsaithya, ArnimS, Aydan, bandora, bigears5000, bingbings, bobh, br1zer, Bundyo, casketizer, casper27, chemist, Chrome, clasificado, codeMonkey, D4rKlar, dashti, datjomp, Deafboy, elie-7, Erazor, erionzani, Estel, et3rnal, etonline, evan, extechop, fnordianslip, FRuMMaGe, fuzenify, GeneralAntilles, gs1, handaxe, Helmuth, Honza., int_ua, ioan, ivyking, javispedro, jflatt, jstokes, kamil365, Kee, king Ralphred, klen, leetut, littlebadger, lolloo, MaddogG, Marklar, mbo, mdl, Mentalist Traceur, mikec, mivoligo, mlwane, moepda, MohammadAG, mpi, mssusa, mveplus, Natan_xy, Netweaver, Nikem, No!No!No!Yes!, osama, panjgoori, Parlapipas, peppe78, peter2p, Petteri, petur, phap, Pillum, qole, reinob, rlinfati, rotoflex, saadgadit, scavenger, shaihkritzer, shazosbourne, shyampagne, Silvarum, sjgadsby, slender, sony123, spag, SSLMM, stone17, Stonik, Straycat, Switch_, telecomgeek79, Termana, travik, treofant, try-alls, tusharmax, udaychaitanya16, ukki, uppercase, Venemo, Wikiwide, wmarone, zoner
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Very nice looking application. How stable is the current version?

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

The Following User Says Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Very nice looking application. How stable is the current version?
It's pretty stable, it's quite nice on power as well. So if you lock the screen it'll log/stream data quite nicely and not effect your battery too bad.

Looks nice, atleast a program with nice ui

The Following User Says Thank You to shnigi For This Useful Post:
hi, cool app IŽll give it a try. thanx for your work.

The Following User Says Thank You to treofant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Sorry for the ignorance, but what would I actually use this for? I've never really used the GPS before.

If you were explaining the use for it to someone who has not used gps, how would you describe it?

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

The Following User Says Thank You to FRuMMaGe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FRuMMaGe View Post
Sorry for the ignorance, but what would I actually use this for? I've never really used the GPS before.

If you were explaining the use for it to someone who has not used gps, how would you describe it?
Well, it allows you to use your N900 as a Bluetooth or a USB GPS dongle. It also allows you to log your journeys. It will soon have waypoints, so you can save locations like bookmarks and make it easy to navigate back to them. It has and will have better support for trip statistics, averages etc. good if you like cycling, walking or other sports where it may be interesting to find out stats.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post

This is a little app I've been working on over the past few months on and off. Currently its' most notable features are NMEA data streaming over network, bluetooth or as a USB serial device.

More screen shots at: http://stage.rubyx.co.uk/columbus/index.html

It's available in extras-devel now, stay tuned for updates and let me know what you want feature wise or bugs you find here.

(Enjoy! MERRY CHRISTMAS)
wow thats nice, i like it, i think it only needs maps .
nice job man .

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
wow thats nice, i like it, i think it only needs maps .
nice job man .
I think that this app definitely has the potential for nautical navigation use (with sea charts / waypoints etc. support). Very nice work!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I think that this app definitely has the potential for nautical navigation use (with sea charts / waypoints etc. support). Very nice work!
That's what I'm aiming at, it already has a Nautical units mode in the options menu

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:

Tags
navigation, nokia n900