Found a Digipower Universal Battery Charger for li-ion, nimh, and AA/AAA batteries at Walmart $29.95. Charged my BP-5L battery just fine. Took longer than the hour it said most batteries charge though. Any way I have my N800 working.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
congrats

So, how can it be tweaked ?

I just found mine, and think the first thing should be firmware, but which one ???

The latest official firmware is 5.2008.43-7 (get it from tablets-dev). Then you can add one or more of BootMenu, community SSU, Diablo Turbo, Advanced System UI, Telescope plus whatever apps you fancy.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Hello

I have two N800 and decided it was time to reflash them however the link to tablets-dev seems to have a problem. I entered the correct id for both but when i click on the link and try to save as it gives me an error saying it cant download because of an unspecified problem.

Suggestions anyone

Thank You

Originally Posted by jimbarnes View Post
Hello

I have two N800 and decided it was time to reflash them however the link to tablets-dev seems to have a problem. I entered the correct id for both but when i click on the link and try to save as it gives me an error saying it cant download because of an unspecified problem.

Suggestions anyone

Thank You
Had similar problems with Firefox. I think the site sends some header twice and Firefox doesn't like that. Chrome gave more detailed problem description. Try using some other browser, like Opera or IE.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Had similar problems with Firefox. I think the site sends some header twice and Firefox doesn't like that. Chrome gave more detailed problem description. Try using some other browser, like Opera or IE.
Yay IE worked a treat

BIG Thanks Ukki

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Czech Republic
I still love my N800 very much!

I love the size and power of my N800 and I still use mine everyday. If I had not dropped it messing up the charge connection it would still suit me perfectly. Having to charge the battery externally works but is not that convenient and my battery does not stay charged more than two hours of use. I need a new battery but hesitate buying one since I can't charge it in the N800 with the original charger.

I have tried to replace it with another type of tablet but still nothing out there I like better. I bought a Nook but did not like the wifi connection it gave. It would not stay connected to the internet and I would only be 20 feet from my WiFi Router. I can take my N800 outside on the patio and get perfect reception.

So if you loved your N800 and needed to replace it what would you buy?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by kat View Post
I love the size and power of my N800 and I still use mine everyday. If I had not dropped it messing up the charge connection it would still suit me perfectly.
Did you break your N800's charging port?

I bought a Nook but did not like the wifi connection it gave. It would not stay connected to the internet and I would only be 20 feet from my WiFi Router. I can take my N800 outside on the patio and get perfect reception.
Great WiFi range is indeed a wonderful feature of the N800. It easily bests the N810 in that regard, and both crush the N900.

I haven't checked how the 770 and N950 compare. I must do that sometime.

So if you loved your N800 and needed to replace it what would you buy?
I have a Kindle Fire that I like very much, but it's no drop in replacement for an N800. I'm still waiting for a "new Maemo" to come along.