Notices

Community Council | Posts: 3,809 | Thanked: 8,698 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by andreasole View Post
Hello there, i have some questions.
I have the N9 16gb its really worth it to port the sailfish?
If i do it i will able to make calls?
I will have a Viber?
if its really worth it, which simple site link to do it ?, i will not take a backup an i wil not flash main.bin or emmc.bin , there is nothing on it is like a fresh start,
thank you in advance
Yes, calls work OK but if I remember correctly the voice quality is not as good as on Harmattan. (noise cancellation probably is not so good)

I have no idea what is Viber for.

It might be worth it as a demonstration, but not enough for everyday use as long as you cannot update to nwest versions.

If you have to ask for an easy way to do it, is not good/useful good to you. For knowledgeable people the instructions are already clear.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ cyprus
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yes, calls work OK but if I remember correctly the voice quality is not as good as on Harmattan. (noise cancellation probably is not so good)

I have no idea what is Viber for.

It might be worth it as a demonstration, but not enough for everyday use as long as you cannot update to nwest versions.

If you have to ask for an easy way to do it, is not good/useful good to you. For knowledgeable people the instructions are already clear.
Thank you for the replay my friend
I use to do many times porting nemo nitdroid on my N900 but this was in 2010-2011 and to be honest i forgot many things, i also put nitdroid on N9 but now after Galaxy S3-S5 and Note 4 i forgot. A little help from you if i stack it could very helpful . Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to andreasole For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andreasole View Post
A little help from you if i stack it could very helpful . Thanks
At least what I'm going to do (provided I find the time to tinker) is:
  • wait for hedayat's 1.1.0.39 version that seems to be (from what I heard in the last few posts) the best bet. He indicated to be able to reupload it soon-ish if no one else does.
  • try to follow the wiki linked in the first post. From what I gather, the process doesn't seem to be any different for different sfos images. I haven't done this before, though and may fail miserably. In that case, this thread will be the place where you'd see me whining.
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ cyprus
Originally Posted by velox View Post
At least what I'm going to do (provided I find the time to tinker) is:
  • wait for hedayat's 1.1.0.39 version that seems to be (from what I heard in the last few posts) the best bet. He indicated to be able to reupload it soon-ish if no one else does.
  • try to follow the wiki linked in the first post. From what I gather, the process doesn't seem to be any different for different sfos images. I haven't done this before, though and may fail miserably. In that case, this thread will be the place where you'd see me whining.
Hahaha ok i will wait then and i will be your back up i dont know why but the last month i took the N9 in my hands again it wakes me up the old times that i have eyes only for my PC , N9 and nothing else, i will try it and knowledge is coming with the experience

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andreasole For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish