plus install gst-plugins-good on dev and phone..

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
--enable-hwaccel only applies to ffmpeg and ffmpeg on maemo doesn't support hwaccel. so regardless what you put there no hwaccel will be included.

@leetnoob you can just try it yourself if you want to test
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I believe, I believe, I believe! come on!

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
this will go nowhere.
If you know something these guys dont why not let them know instead of letting them wast there time.

from dev manual: Cairo is a 2D graphics library with support for multiple output devices. It will automatically use graphic card acceleration when available, and has an experimental OpenGL backend.

so some acceleration from cairo.

also we're no longer using ffmpeg directly, but only the gst plugin, so gst does acceleration using the accelerated codecs and passes the rest onto ffmpeg, so that's covered.

i can find no documentation on hwaccel so could you post the output of

./configure --help

i have noticed that in smplayer when i select an output driver that IS NOT xv then everything goes dog slow

as for testing it myself, i'd have my nose pressed to the screen right now if i had a linux dev environment at home :-(

the only question, then is what happens if we include the hwaccel configure option, and what happens if we leave it out...

Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
as for testing it myself, i'd have my nose pressed to the screen right now if i had a linux dev environment at home :-(
Just use the Vmware image like I am. It works fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sazpaimon For This Useful Post:
ok, from the wiki,

http://wiki.gnashdev.org/Hardware_Video_decoding

they talk about ffmpeg/hardware acceleration but it seems to only concern vaapi and not xv

so planb is to try compiling with only cairo,ffmpeg and xv imho. this is based soley on my experience that everything works fine in smplayer with the xv driver and goes horribly wrong with any other output driver.

edit: plan b is based on my assumption that mpeg-2 in .vob files isn't hardware accelerated. basically these play fine in mplayer with frame drop and an output driver of xv. They play as good as if they were accelerated. so if this assumption (mpeg-2 isn't accelerated) is wrong, then someone please let me know

edit:

plan A of course being compiling with ONLY gst,cairo, and hwaccel=xv
plan A1 being compiling with ONLY gst,cairo and hwaccel=none

then running gnash repeating the options on the command line and/or in the gnashrc file.

Last edited by leetnoob; 2011-03-22 at 17:00.

Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
no, the tweak flash plugin helps you watch flash 9 on websites that only use flash 9 features but still expect you to have 10. and flash 9 has no hardware acceleration.

gnash provides flash hardware acceleration and claims 10.1 compatibility. given all the fuss people make about flash 10.1 i'm surprised nobody has run the 'make' command yet.
Well might be, but did u check the settings you can even change the ver to 10.1 in it and even other versions.

Originally Posted by abyn900 View Post
Well might be, but did u check the settings you can even change the ver to 10.1 in it and even other versions.
tweak flash plugin only changes the version number that the flash 9 plugin reports to a website in an attempt to fool the website into letting it play the content when the website demands flash 10 or higher, but despite demanding a higher version of flash the website only uses flash 9 functionality.

so to summarise :

plan A being compiling with ONLY gst,cairo, and hwaccel=xv
plan A1 being compiling with ONLY gst,cairo and hwaccel=none
planb is compiling with ONLY cairo,ffmpeg and HWACCEL=xv