Notices

Originally Posted by Bidybag View Post
I thought the Nokia n900 had been out in the US so wouldn't there be more applications by now?
two words : sinking ship

why arent there any better GBA and NES amulators? and SNES emulator needs more save states on each game than 2

the GBA and NES emus should be as good as the SNES emu

Because nobody is working on them.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Because nobody is working on them.
well hope it happens someday=(

hmmm odd merge as I believe there is a gba and nes thread at a similar stage of topic... I want a new GBA and nes emu too! the nes one doesn't do sound as well as the likes of picdrive and the snes emu

hmmm maybe nokia is going bankrupt with all the stupid marketing mistakes they've been making lately, I mean even the best technology they have to offer (n900) seems yrs behind in terms of technology when compared to the HTC and iphone 4.

I have no doubt nokia's going slowly bankrupt. Their lack of support for the best tech they have to offer (n8 and n900) is quite evident of this. In a desperate effort to get back into main stream they've made another stupid marketing mistake of forgetting everyone else (both symbian and maemo) in favor of a new os (meego), THAT HASN'T EVEN COME OUT AS YET.

Not to mention that because meego is a combination of maemo (which already lacks major support and apps) and some other stupid market (intel), seems that meego is simply gonna lack support for a long time as well. Nokia is now heading down the path of palm...lmao.

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Nokia is not going bankrupt.
They just lost the smartphone battle and are left with what they are best - creating cheap phones for mass market.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Iphone 4 was introduced year later than N900 so I dont understand why compare them, mobile devices develope quickly. Apple has also very different philosophy with their phones, they are locked to operators and apple store (without jailbreak), but you'll get lots of apps and ease of use with it on the other hand.

I think that it is bit extravagant to say that Nokia is going bankcrupt. They have ****ed up things, really badly indeed, but they still have the market share and are making profit. I also think that their marketing is shitty, why in hell shoot down your own products before getting them to stores by telling that "this is just first step, next year we'll have much better.."

Hopefully Nokia can get a whole fleet of Meego devices to the market with great selling volume. If the app development for meego is easy and cheap enough, I think that we will see much more apps. But is it easy and cheap when compared to Android and iOS?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Nokia is not going bankrupt.
They just lost the smartphone battle and are left with what they are best - creating cheap phones for mass market.
Oh, they're bankrupt alright. They're just not bankrupt on cash yet--they're bankrupt of good management and executives, however. I feel bad for the engineers and designers that have to work with them.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Yes, Nokia's management and organisation should be reformed, but it is difficult when the ownership of the company is so fragmented.

There should be big owner who understands the business and kicks out those who keep on making mistakes and fixes the management. When/If Nokia keeps on losing its market value eventually someone will conquer the company.

Tags
applications, apps, fart apps, free apps, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, more apps, ovi, ovi store, pay apps, software